Happiness - 02

Wonwoo let his body drop on the soft pillows of their worn-out couch, tired after arranging his roses in a vase for hours. He wanted the flowers to look perfect, so he spent his time on prepping them and buying whatever was needed to decorate it.

Bohyuk won't be home for another five days, he's been pretty busy with his modelling career. And their mom, well, she's been missing for almost three months now. Even their dad is nowhere to be found. He abandoned his family. It was only Wonwoo and Bohyuk now. All they had left was each other, and a small trashy house in a trashy neighborhood.

Wonwoo sighed, propping himself up on one elbow to admire the majestic flowers displayed at edge of the fireplace. He was happy. Happy to know Mingyu is still thinking of him even now that he's courting someone.

It made him feel special.

But that happiness quickly faded when he remembered the excitement on Mingyu's face when he told the older about the news.

His heart ached at the thought of the girl accepting his bestfriend's feelings.

Mingyu would spend less time with him and more with his girlfriend.

Oh how strong his desire is to be that girl.

"I hope he'll get dumped." Wonwoo mumbled to himself, lying back down on the bed. Yes, he's being selfish by wishing that. But he thinks it's best for Mingyu to just stick with him.

The choking silence forced him to reminisce his past with Mingyu. Their sweet, innocent moments.

"She's not good enough for you." He would always say to the younger whenever he tells the older about his crushes. Mingyu, oblivious of his bestfriend's feelings, believed his words. Mingyu never had a girlfriend because of that. Wonwoo felt guilty, but he wanted the boy all to himself.

Yet now, they're all grown up. Mingyu learned that being 'good enough' doesn't matter. As long as you love each other, you'll overcome anything.

Getting sentimental again, he reached for his voice recorder.

"It's funny," Wonwoo whispered to the object after pressing the record button. "how risky it is to fall in love with your best friend."

"I mean, isn't that already expected, though? You're always together 24/7 and always got each other's backs. It's not impossible to catch feelings for the other."

"But why does this feel so wrong?" The boy let out a shaky breath.

"Is it because we're both males? How come it's natural when a girl and a boy falls in love but it's viewed as a sin for the same gender?"

"Why was I made like this? I'm in the wrong body." Wonwoo started to freak out, have another panic attack. But when his eyes flew to the flowers sitting on the edge of the fireplace, he immediately calmed down.

"I'm not in my right mind at the moment. I don't know if any of these are real or not. But there is one thing I'm sure of."

"I'm in love with Kim Mingyu."

And with that, he pressed the button and kept it under his pillow. "Snap out of it, Jeon!" He shouted at himself after a few minutes of silence, repeatedly hitting his head with his fist.

"Stop being such a fool and wake up!" He yelled.

His bestfriend's favorite song suddenly played from the desk, which made Wonwoo jump a bit and quickly answer the call, not wanting to hear the rest of the song.

"Hello?"

"Wonwoo-ah!!!"

Wonwoo's face somehow lit up at the sound of Mingyu saying his name.

"What is it?" He asked casually.

Mingyu just giggled from the other line.

"Yah. Speak." Wonwoo received another giggle.

"Why did you call me if all you're gonna do is giggle??" The older boy asked, trying his best to sound annoyed.

"Well I did promise to call you."

He's still thinking about me. Damn you, Kim Mingyu.

"Right."

"Anyway, I have good news, hyung!" He giggled again.

"Stop giggling and spill it out." The black haired boy felt his hands trembling. He's nervous. Did she accept Mingyu's feelings already?

"Remember the girl I was talking to you about earlier at the mall?"

His whole body started to shake in fear. Here it goes.

"She said she'll give me her answer soon!" Mingyu squealed.

Wonwoo was somehow relieved. At least I still have a small chance.

"Really? Congrats, man! I hope you'll finally get yourself a girlfriend!" I hope you get dumped and be stuck with me for the rest of your life.

"Thanks! I hope you'll get one too so we could go on double dates!"

"Double dates sounds fun!" The only date that's gonna happen is our date.

"I'm glad you like the idea 'cause I'm starting to look for the perfect girl for you!"

"Oh don't bother, Gyu. I can find her on my own." I don't need to find her. Because I already have you.

"Pft you're no fun. But fine!" Mingyu once again giggled.

"And hyung, let's go out tomorrow. Bohyuk told me about that jacket he's asking you to buy and I want to accompany you."

"He told you about that?" How shameless of you, Bohyuk. But thank you! "Sure, let's search for it together."