Happiness - 11

"Are you not staying for dinner?" Mingyu's mother beamed at him from bottom of the staircase, but he was too anxious to answer. He merely made his way past the woman and ran home as fast as his skinny legs could handle.

His eyesight was blurry due to the tears streaming down his face, and he could barely see anything when he sped through the road. A car could've hit him right there and then but Wonwoo thinks getting ran over would hurt less than what Mingyu has done to him that day.

Mingyu pulled away from the kiss first, staring at his best friend as if he just murdered Mingyu's whole family. Wonwoo was confused, breathless, but happy. He finally kissed the boy he loved since childhood. And he felt lovestruck, his heart beating the crap out of his chest.

Not until Mingyu stood up and started shouting profanities at Wonwoo.

"You gay piece of shit!" Mingyu yelled at him with anger burning in his heart like hot lava, causing the dumb smile to fall from Wonwoo's face. "What the fuck was that?!"

Wonwoo had his hands clenched into fists at his side. "You kissed me first!"

The younger boy scoffed in disbelief, digging his pointing finger into Wonwoo's chest harshly. "It was an accident! It was you who kissed me all the way. Why would I ever even want to kiss you?"

It wasn't an accident, that's for sure. What happened wasn't just a simple kiss. It was a full-on make out session with all the tongue and teeth clashing. Wonwoo didn't understand why Mingyu was so angry when he was the one who pinned him to the bed in the first place.

"You keep giving me mixed signals!" Wonwoo spat out, tears already crawling down his cheekbones. "First you give me flowers, then you tell me you're courting this girl, and you come back and pin me on your fucking bed, and now you're blaming it all on me?"

"I'm not giving any signals!" Mingyu didn't seem to notice Wonwoo's tears, too engrossed in his pit of fury. "It's not my fault you have this huge homosexual crush on me! You're disgusting!"

Wonwoo's had enough. He didn't expect things to go this way. So he stomped to where the younger boy was standing and punched him square in the jaw, leaving him curled-up on the floor.

"Don't make fun of my love for you. You have no idea what I went through just because I've loved you so fucking much since day one." Wonwoo spat out; angry, sad, worried, and infuriated all at the same time. He was tempted to show Mingyu all the pain he's caused him, all the cuts on his wrists, in hopes of getting at least his sympathy if not his love.

Mingyu stood up, as if Wonwoo's hit was nothing, and approached the older boy. "I never asked you to fall in love with me."

Wonwoo kept running, like how he ran from every problem that came his way. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore. He just wanted all of this to end.

He tripped face first, and it took him a whole five minutes of sobbing on the ground to get up and keep going. A single step away from where he stood was a dead-end.

A cliff.

Wonwoo smiled in triumph.

And he jumped.

-

one chapter left :))