Happiness - 05

Finally, Wonwoo got it. He finally got Bohyuk's jacket. It was a little more expensive than he expected but he bought it for his brother nonetheless. Wonwoo quickly ran home that day. Bohyuk was coming home tomorrow and Wonwoo had to gift-wrap the clothing as well as clean their home. Mingyu had a lot of stuff laying around there that he really needed to pick up.

"Mingyu, I'm home." Wonwoo greeted from the doorway as he took his shoes off. "Did you cook? I can smell food."

Mingyu wasn't answering.

The silence peaked Wonwoo's interest since the boy was usually noisy even when alone. He carefully made his way to the kitchen and spotted a box of fried chicken take-out. "Why did Mingyu order this? Geez, so lazy to cook. Mingyu!"

This time, Wonwoo was answered by a muffled laugh from upstairs.

Clutching the shopping bag to his chest, Wonwoo walked upstairs, annoyed at Mingyu's lack of response. "Mingyu, you dickhead. Why did you buy--"

Wonwoo was greeted by the sight of Mingyu, laying down on a girl's lap, on his bed.

"Oh, Wonwoo! I didn't know you were home already." The younger boy called out when he saw Wonwoo by the door frame. The girl turned her head with a smile, offering a small wave with a hand as delicate as a porcelain doll's.

All Wonwoo could do was let out an inhumane sound, stuck between scared and angry.

The girl was prettier in person compared to pictures. She has wavy neck-length hair and a small build. Her eyes looked like they hold the whole universe inside them. Wonwoo wasn't sure, but he thinks he even saw some cute freckles on her cheekbones.

"Sorry I didn't tell you she was coming over." Mingyu said, standing up from the bed and walking towards Wonwoo. "It was a last minute thing. She was supposed to go to my house but I forgot so I made her come here instead. I hope you don't mind."

The couple smiled at him expectantly, forcing an answer out of him.

"Of course I don't mind!" I fucking mind a lot.

"Great! I brought some chicken. Let's eat." The girl smiled, hooking her arm around Mingyu's before leading him downstairs and gesturing Wonwoo to follow.

That was probably the worst dinner he'll ever have in his life. Given that the couple was sitting right across him, being lovey-dovey like there's no tomorrow. They even feed each other and wipe each other's mouths.

Disgusting.

Exactly the type of shit Wonwoo would be doing with Mingyu if he was a girl, if he actually had a chance to seduce the younger boy.

Wonwoo sighed and stabbed the fried chicken leg with his fork, taking his spoon and shovelling some rice to bury the chicken. It was bad to play with food, but it was worse to act all sweet in front of someone salty.

"Is something wrong, Wonwoo? You haven't eaten your food yet." Mingyu asked, genuine concern evident in his tone. It annoyed the fuck out of Wonwoo.

"No. I'm just tired." The older boy answered simply.

Mingyu's crushㅡhopefully still just a crushㅡleft a while after eating. The boy apparently felt guilty for letting her walk home on her own so he decided to leave his best friend Wonwoo and accompany his girlㅡwhom Wonwoo now knows as Younghee after their awkward introductionㅡhome.

Wonwoo broke down the moment the door closed behind the two. He started crying uncontrollably when he knows he shouldn't. He doesn't have the right to get jealous. He's only the best friend since childhood, right?

"Keep it together." He tells himself as he wanders back to the kitchen.

"Clean up." His body obeyed, quickly picking up the dirty plates and washing them in the sink. It seemed like ordering himself to things was the only way to make him productive.

Wonwoo later found himself crying on his pillows and clawing on his thighs until they bleed, skin and blood accumulating under his fingernails. Wonwoo realized that the physical pain was more bearable than the pain Mingyu's causing.