Happiness - 10

Wonwoo has a soft spot for Mingyu, that's for sure. He had planned to give the younger boy the silent treatment for what he didㅡor what he didn't do, for that matterㅡon the night of the movie marathon. But once Mingyu called him up the day after, he immediately picked up, silently cursing at himself for forgiving the boy so easily.

It was worth it, though. Mingyu had asked him to come over again that same day.

"Just you and me this time." He promised. Mingyu seemed to always knew what Wonwoo wanted before he even said them.

Wonwoo knocked nervously on the door, not sure if he was still welcome inside his friend's home. The door opened a few seconds later, and he was greeted by Mingyu's mother.

"Oh it's been so long since I last saw you! You've grown taller and more handsome too." She gushed right as she saw the boy, squeezing his cheeks between her palms.

Mrs. Kim was a nice petite lady. She was shorter than Wonwoo, making him wonder how Mingyu got so tall. She had the same skin complexion as his son and they shared similar-looking eyes as well.

Before Wonwoo could say anything, Mingyu's voice was heard shouting something inaudible from inside, making his mother mumble in protest and let go of Wonwoo.

Mingyu came to the door a few moments later, his shirt worn inside out as if he rushed to get dressed. "Stop embarrassing me, mom." He said to his mother who merely crossed her arms. He took his best friend's hand and practically dragged him up to his bedroom.

"Sorry about my mom." Mingyu apologized as he collapsed on his bed.

"It's okay. We haven't seen each other in months and I used to live here almost everyday when we were in high school." Wonwoo chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside Mingyu. Their hands were still intertwined, Wonwoo realized. But he didn't dare to pull away firstㅡnot because he enjoyed holding the boy's hand, no, that's definitely not the reason.

"Yeah." Mingyu answered after a long pause. Wonwoo turned to him and saw him staring at the ceiling, almost longingly, as if he was craving to get those moments back.

"I really do miss those days." The younger boy was now looking at him. "Remember that one play date our moms set up for us? The one where you buried my whole body in the sand box and you left me there until our moms came back?"

Wonwoo's face soured as he reminisced the memory. "Yeah, I didn't really like you back then. I still don't, but that's besides the point."

"Hey!"

Wonwoo laughed as he stared at his friend's offended face. He was taking in every moment he had with this boy. Summer vacation was almost over, and Wonwoo needed as much memories with him as possible. Just some good things he could take with him to his grave.

Wonwoo's eyes widened as he was suddenly pulled to the bed beside Mingyu and the younger clambered on top of him, pinning him to the mattress.

"Mingyu, what are you doing?" Wonwoo said with an awkward laugh.

The said boy merely looked down at him, the look in his eyes unreadable. Were they finally going to do it? Will Wonwoo's dream finally come true? Could it be?

Could it be, that Mingyu really do love him back?

And before he knew what was happening, their lips were connected.