Happiness - 09

When Wonwoo was invited over at Mingyu's for a movie marathon, he didn't expect all of Mingyu's friends to be there, let alone his crush. He expected it to be just another hangout wherein they'll play around without a single care in the world. And maybe hold hands while on their way home, too.

But no. Today he was forced to socialize and get along with other people he don't like. It's not that Wonwoo's antisocial, no. He just had a bad experience with friends which turned him into an introvert: self-reserved and has difficulties with opening up to other people. And that eventually lead him to having Kim Mingyu as his only friend.

Wonwoo heaved a sigh as he took in the overwhelming number of people in his best friend's room. Seven boys were squeezed together on the couch, three were lying on each other on the floor, and someone was eating on his bed. It was pure chaos.

Awkwardly, as if he wasn't sure if he was welcome there, Wonwoo sat down on the floor next to the door, knees to his chest. He took a bite of the cheese stick Younghee handed him when he arrived. Salty. Just like him. Perfect.

Mingyu came in a little while later with a pile of cheese sticks in his tray. He noticed the presence by the door and jolted back in shock, his hand placed above his chest. He smiled after realizing who the presence was. "Jesus, man. Don't scare me like that."

This made Wonwoo smile as well.

He really did love Mingyu, Wonwoo realized as he watched the younger boy. He liked seeing Mingyu smile, he wanted nothing less than the best for him, and he was more than willing to sacrifice his own soul for Mingyu's happiness.

The boy in topic made his way to the couch and sat down next to his girl and played the movie on the large television stuck to the wall. The introduction music immediately caught everyone else's attention and they all settled down to watch.

Wonwoo came home that night and added fresh new cuts to his body. All he could think about was how he was left alone at the corner. Sad, alone, and forgotten. Mingyu didn't even spare him a glance once the movie started.

He sounded petty, yes. But seeing the love of his life cuddling next to the love of his life really pained Wonwoo.

He just wanted his life to end.