Happiness - 04

Wonwoo's day was shit.

Bohyuk called him that morning to bring him a bittersweet news. He just booked a new show in Milan with a world famous fashion designer. The younger boy was so happy to tell the news, and Wonwoo had to act happy for his brother.

But he was really sad inside.

He hasn't seen his obnoxious little brother in ages and he was so excited to meet him again. But of course the world had to delay it for the hundredth time.

Kim Mingyu was also another problem. He called Wonwoo during lunch because he was too "in love" to calm down. Mingyu kept talking about his crush texting him all the time and using heart emojis in every message.

Wonwoo thought the girl was such a desperate fuck. But of course he can't say that to Mingyu. And he can't judge her like that. Because if he was in her shoes, he'd be doing the same thing.

The said boy sighed deeply and sat on the bed, phone in his hands. He scrolled through his accounts and immediately regretted it. Right there infront of his face was Mingyu's Instagram post of him and his crush. They had popsicle sticks in each hand and had huge smiles on their faces.

"Goddamnit she's gorgeous." Wonwoo growled in annoyance, throwing his phone to the other side of the bed. The sight of the girl's pretty eye smile and on-fleek eyebrows kept flashing inside his head.

"Why the fuck am I not female?" He groaned even more, getting louder and louder each time he rolled on the bed. He thinks he actually cracked his phone at some point in the middle of his roll fest.

"What's the occasion? I've never seen you make a mess on your bed like this since sixth grade when you were so happy to pass your choir auditions." A familiar voice chuckled from the door.

Mingyu was in his room, carrying a convenience store bag. Wonwoo turned bright red, hoping he didn't hear anything he said before.

"Don't remind me. Choir was shit. Ruined my life." The older boy answered, struggling to get out of the blanket burrito he got himself stuck into. Mingyu laughed, remembering the time Wonwoo came to school with a sore throat and couldn't speak for weeks. It completely ruined his singing voice until now.

"But anyway, I bought us some chips and drinks. I got milk tea for you, I know it's your favorite." The latter put the bag down on the bed and sat down, legs crossed. He opened up a bag of potato chips and shoved one into Wonwoo's mouth.

"Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the food and effort, but what's up? Why did you suddenly show up in my apartment"? Wonwoo couldn't help but ask. "How did you even open the front door?" Mingyu was about to speak, but the older cut him off. "Let me guess, you asked Bohyuk where the spare key is, didn't you?"

The taller boy laughed, nodding. "Sort of. He called me this morning and told me about how he can't come home. He asked me to accompany you for the next few days, knowing you'd be lonely." He took a sip of his banana milk.

Wonwoo was slightly disappointed to know Mingyu didn't come on his own will, but he couldn't complain. He was here now and he was thankful. He made a mental note to thank Bohyuk later on.