Chapter 1

L E O N

"LEON! WAKE YOUR ASS UP!"

Yelled a loud voice, making me jump. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. I know I had gotten a lot of sleep last night but that did not mean I still was not tired.

I stretched my limbs and stared up at the ceiling.

Today was my first day of school, and I was terrified.

Being the new kid in the middle of the semester is shit. Everyone has already made their friend groups and cliques, now I am just going to be some loner until someone takes sympathy and takes me in.

I groaned and rolled out of my warm and comfortable bed. I heard the shower running across the hall, so I decided just to use my parent's bathroom. Luckily, they left for work at 5:00 A.M. and were back by 6:00 P.M. So, the bathroom was home free.

I quickly took a shower and dressed myself in ripped jeans, a white shirt, black hoodie, and white shoes.

When I decided I looked presentable I used my magic to pop downstairs.

"What is for breakfast?"

I asked Damian who sat at the table putting stuff into his backpack, for what I am guessing is work and classes.

"Cereal, and hurry you only have half an hour. Isabella already left something about wanting to make friends before class or some shit."

He said while shoving a folder into his worn-down bag. I just ignored him and ate quickly.

The ride to school was quick and I was shocked to see how big the school was.

"Good luck!"

Said Damian before driving off, leaving me alone to the hell we call high school.

As I walked in, I could immediately feel the stares and hear the whispers. The school was hectic, I could see most people spent time together with their own species. I only saw a few interact with other species.

The werewolves were growling and ruff housing, while the witches gossiped and some even used spells to mess with other students.

I had not seen any pixies yet, so I was a bit nervous. There were few pixies left after The War of the Dead. It was when humans and supernatural clashed into one big battle, killing each other until finally a peace treaty was made. Now my kind were few and tend to never stray from their homes. We barely had repopulated.

I walked down the crowded hallway and looked around, hoping to find my sister.

After a bit of walking, I found her talking to two vampires.

"Izzy!"

I yelled happily, causing even more stares. She looked at me and rolled her eyes, making me purse my lips. The two vampires turned to me and I guessed checked me out.

"That's my younger brother, his name is Leon."

Said Isabella after an awkward minute in silences. The vampire girl finally smiled and reached out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Yanni, and this brute is Tyler."

She spoke. I shook her hand and smiled.

"'My names Leon, as you know."

She laughed and turned to Isabella.

"So how did you guys meet?"

I asked. Isabelle shuffled some papers in her hand and a handed me three papers.

"Here I got these from the office, the first paper is your classes and what rooms their located, the second is a list of staff and their species and job position, and the third is school rules."

She said, making me nod. I read over and saw I was in all advanced classes as usual. I studied hard so I could support my parents when I was older just like Damian was planning to do.

"We met when I went to grab our papers. Yanni was assistant today and Tyler was there taking to the coach."

She spoke. I nodded and kind of just blended into the small talk until the bell rung. We all quickly said our goodbyes and I looked at my schedule.

Magic five.

I smiled and found my way to the classroom, which unsurprisingly was not full. There were five other students here. You had to have almost mastered your magical abilities and be a strong magic holder.

Luckily, my mother was a strong pixie, she came from royal blood. Her great-great-grandfather was the leader of the pixies until he died in war. My father was a strong man himself, but nothing like my mother.

The people in here came from strong bloodline or worked their asses off at studying magic. I wanted to be a healer like my mother. My father was just her assistance to grab her what she needed or file papers- but hey, he gets paid for it.

I looked up to see the teacher sitting at her desk, using magic to write on the board our assignments. She glowed slightly and had long wavy blond hair, purple eyes, plump lips, and a curvy form. She was beautiful- but I could not tell what she was.

When she was done writing she looked up and squealed when she saw me. She teleported in front of me and jumped clapping her hands.

"A new student! Finally! If I am not mistaken, you're Leon?!"

She asked looking at me expectantly. I nodded and she smiled even bigger if that was even possible.

"Well welcome to Magic five! I know you must have worked hard to come this far, so be proud- but not cocky. Cockiness will always be a person's downfall. You can sit next to Caroline."

She said pointing to a girl sitting down, reading a spell book. I nodded and thanked her while sitting down next to the pretty girl.

The girl looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi! It's exceedingly rare we get a new student here."

She said flipping the pages of her spell book. I smiled at her and chuckled.

"Yeah, it was kind of an abrupt move. We just got up and came here first chance we had."

I said making her nod.

"Well, welcome to SNH High, it's pretty wild- so be careful."

At those words I turned cold.

Be careful?

I looked at her with wide eyes and she just chuckled.

"Wow, you've got a lot to learn."

I nodded, turned, and grabbed and book and my notebook to start the work.

What could she mean by be careful...?

EDITED 12/06/20