Chapter 9

L E O N

We ate laughing with each other until lunch was over

We ate laughing with each other until lunch was over. I got to know Yanni and Samuel very well. Samuel was in my grade and Yanni was a senior. We were going to see each other tonight at dinner and I was extremely excited. I walked back with Vlad to his office as I said goodbye to my new friends.

"Happy babe?"

He asked me, while leaning into kiss me. I looked up and nodded.

"Yeah, I really like them! I'm glad I have new friends even though it hasn't been a while since I've been in school. "

He smiled and kissed me.

"I'm happy your happy, that's only how I ever wish to see you."

He said making me laugh. I turned him and held his hand.

"With you I'm always happy."

I was shocked to see him get red. I awed and kissed all over his face making him turn even darker. He kissed me goodbye once we got to his office and I went amongst my way to class.

After school I texted my family how I was doing. While staying with Vlad I constantly called and texted them. I told my mom about dinner and she said she was going to be happy to see me after so long.

I had moved out and plopped myself in Vlad's apartment. Vlad drove us home in comfortable silence, letting me talk to all my family on the phone. When we reached his apartment, I was so happy. We made our way to the top floor and reached his nice penthouse.

"Dinner is going to be at the pack house. We'll be leaving at 6:00, I'm also going to introduce you to the pack."

He said making my eyes widened. I was happy and turned to him.

"Am I also going to be meeting your family?"

I asked him. He looked down and shook his head.

"They left on a month-long vacation today. You will meet them when they come home. They'll be having dinner here the day after they come back."

He spoke. I frowned and nodded. He saw my frown and walked me to the couch.

"The thing about my family is just with my dad."

He said to me. I nodded my head telling him to continue.

"Well, my dad had expected me to be mated with this girl I was seeing, well everyone was."

He said making my frown turn deeper. I was shocked but I could not blame him. He waited so long for me. I would have started moving on too. People usually meet their mate while young, he was well into his life. 107 years old? He waited long for me.

"I swear she was the only person I have ever seen like that. She was a siren, I met her at some gala I went to for the construction company. Her name was Amethyst. We were dating for 4 years and then I met you. I texted her what happened and then blocked her. She really isn't that good of a person, so I was kind of afraid on what she was going to do..."

I rolled my eyes at my mate and kissed his stupid ass.

"It's fine, just promise me it's over. "

He shook his head violently.

"Of course. It is just my dad really liked her and thought she was going to be an amazing Luna. She had amazing business skills and leadership skills and my dad and her got along like no other. He just had really grand expectations for us, and I didn't want to disappoint him."

He said looking down. I kissed him again and rubbed his head.

"I'm sure he will not be disappointed in you. He is your father, and he must want you happy. He liked what she offered to the rest of the world, but I am sure if it came to it, he would choose your happiness. He's a parent before he's an alpha."

I said making him smile.

"Did I ever tell you how good of a mother you're going to be?"

Said my mate making me laugh. I jumped into his arms and gave him a big hug which he returned. We fell on the couch and cuddled with each other.

"Do you think your brother is still going to hate me?"

He asked me. I nodded and he sighed.

"How come?!"

I smiled and turned to me.

"He sent me a text message that said 102 reasons why you should not be mated. And spent the time writing 102 bullet points for me. He may act carefree and like he is not protective of me but trust me when I said he can be just like my dad, if not more threatening. He had to take care of me and the younger ones for a while and I'm sure at times he sees us as little kids a lot, and not the almost adults we are."

I said to him making him nod. We just cuddled and spoke about our day for a while. He told me about all the work he has, and I laughed at his frown. I told him how I had all my assignments from my teachers and how I needed to start that when we got back from dinner or now. He let me go so he could also do some work.

We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting at the dinner table doing work we needed to catch up on. By the time it was time to get ready I finished two classes worth of work.

I went to the shower and quickly did what I needed to before letting Vlad in. I got dressed in some skinny black pants, a white collared shirt with a grey sweater over it, and some white and black Adidas sneakers. I looked semi casual but also well dressed. I liked it for a first meeting.

By 6:00 we were out the door and to the pack house. Vlad said his pack had around 6,000 members but only one hundred were going to be at dinner tonight. He said his pack was biggest in the state. And ranked number three in the USA. I was proud of my mate for all his accomplishments. Werewolf packs usually were tiny, so I was shocked when he said his number.

We made our way to the pack house and I swear my eyes almost popped out at the building. It was a giant mansion and Vlad looked at me.

"This is the family pack house. My parents live here and soon we will take over and live here. We have a work center, but this is where balls and dinner parties are held. Every generation takes over this house and it has been around for decades. Tonight, high rankings will come over and then we will go to the pack center and formally introduce you when my parents and siblings come home."

I nodded and we stepped inside the huge mansion. As soon as we did a sharp perfume smell hit my nose and a light airy voice threw me out of my scent attack.

"Hellobaby, I've missed you. Where have you been?"

EDITED 12/07/20