Chapter 20

L E O N

We flew into the night sky and immediately I could feel the shift in air once we left that territory

We flew into the night sky and immediately I could feel the shift in air once we left that territory. The suffocating atmosphere left, and I did not feel weighed down on anymore.

"Where are we going?!"

Said Samuel. He had to yell a bit with the air rushing in our ears.

"We are going to a pixie tribe a little while ways from here. They will be able to revive Leon's powers, deliver the baby, and hide us from the bitch. We need to stay down low before we can find out how to get you back to your mates without anyway noticing."

He spoke. I nodded and leaned into Samuel. I made sure to breath and fight throughout the next contraction.

"What do you mean get back to our mates unnoticed?"

He spoke. Conway sighed, obviously annoyed.

"You guys were our biggest one up on your packs and their allies. Without you, things can go very differently in war now. We have no more leverage. You are going to be looked for very closely now."

He spoke. I nodded and sighed, I wanted to deliver this baby with my mate, but I guess not. It hurt a bit that he would not be here for this special moment but this baby coming out safely was my biggest priority.

"Just lean back and try and get some rest Leon, we will be there before you know it."

I nodded and did as I was told. Samuel helped me stay comfortable and control my breathing throughout the whole journey.

Being in labor was hard but I was determined to get through this strong. I wanted to big surprised for when I saw Vlad again. I know he will be sad he missed it, but there were always future pregnancies.

Samuel was supportive the whole time and that is all I could ask of him.

"Are you okay? We are almost there."

Said Conway.

"I-I am fine! Just try and hurry please!"

I said with grit teeth. The dragon shifter snorted but did as told and sped up a bit.

We made it into an enchanted Forrest and flew down into the colorful trees. We made it in front of a cave, an entrance to the pixie village.

Conway whispered something to the rocks and a giant bolder moved, letting us slip inside before closing behind us.

"Where are we?"

Whispered Samuel as we walked in the dark. Luckily, we were still on the dragons back.

"We are entering the village now. We are safe here so do not worry. No one can locate us here. It's blocked with their powers."

He spoke. I groaned and sat up.

"How do you know of this place?"

I asked. He chuckled. Conway was a vampire and around Vlad's age. He was not too old but not too young either.

"I was born in this forest a little over a century ago. One pixie saw I was abandoned and took me in as their own. I left to find my mate and well you can guess the rest."

He said bitterly. I patted his back.

"Well, you and your mate are safe and free now, do not be bitter over the past. It made you who you are. Just focus on a future you want."

I said to him. He hummed in agreement and stroked his lovers head tenderly. I could tell they deeply cared for each other.

All over a sudden the cave brightened up at the end and we entered the outside again. The little village was lit up with magic and mostly everyone was in their homes. It was late at night anyway.

We walked in and guards stood at the entrance of the village.

"It is Conway!"

Said Conway the guards smiled and greeted him, letting us pass freely. They obviously were used to the dragon.

"They met your mate before?"

I asked him. He shook his head.

"No, but they know I have a dragon mate. I told my adoptive parents before I left for good. Now let us get you to the clinic."

I nodded thankfully. Conway told his mates directions, and she flew into the night sky again. We flew to one of the taller buildings and she settled on the floor. Of course, Conway and Samuel had to help me down.

His mate shifted back and if I were not in so much pain I would have blushed at her nudity. I was shocked though when I saw a penis between her legs instead of girly parts.

I looked at Conway and he just blushed.

"What?!"

He said in a high-pitched voice. It explained why he had a body shape and height like me now. His mate threw on some clothes and met us at the doors, holding it open for us and they helped waddle me in.

"Go sit there, I will sign us in."

Sick people sat all around me. This place was like a town here in the middle of the forest. It was amazing what magic could hide.

Everyone here was in their pixie form and smiled at me. It felt good to be surrounded by my own people again. When they saw Samuel, they frowned though. They had never met outsiders before; it was very uncommon for pixies to mix with others.

I groaned as another contraction hit. I had to be in labor for about three hours now. I know average time is eight hours, so I had a long way to go.

"Leon Crest?"

Said a women's voice. I raised my hand and groaned. I heard a wheelchair being pushed and Samuel and the nurse helped me stand. They sat me back down gently and rolled me to a room.

The nurse asked me questions like if I knew how long I was pregnant for, when did I start labor, medical questions, and what not. I tried to answer as best I could, but it was hard. Samuel of course had to help me change into a gown and seat me on the bed.

"Thank you for being here with me, I do not think I could have done any of this alone."

I said tearing up. He frowned and pulled me into a hug.

"I would do it all over if I had to, you're my best friend. That is what we are here for, to be dragged into crazy drama we do not want to be in for our best friends."

He said laughing. I laughed too and leaned my head on him. He was truly the best friend and I could not ask for better. He had been here for it all and now was going to help me give birth to this baby. I had no idea how long I had been gone for, so I did not know if they were an alpha or submissive.

"Just breath, in no time we will be back with our mates."

Samuel, said. I nodded and closed my eyes. He was right, for now I just needed to focus on my child. They were the most important thing to me. Bringing them to this world safely is all that matters, and then I can focus on getting home to Vladimir and this stupid war going on.

Just breath Leon. Just breath. 

EDITED 12/08/20