Chapter 18

L E O N

Thankfully, no one in our pack was hurt

Thankfully, no one in our pack was hurt. They were just distracted by all those henchmen as Amethyst's brother looked for me.

Vlad was not happy when I told him what Amethyst was planning. Our pack officially declared war on her tribe and now we were just waiting for a move to be made.

I was finally four months along and New Years had passed with no ceremony. We had to put a hold on the ceremony because of the war. Other than that, life was good. Our pack security was on constant high alert though.

"Hey baby, you okay?"

Asked Vlad as he came up to me. I was laying on the couch, eating some chips and whip cream.

"Yeah, this one is just bouncing all over the place today."

I said glancing at my stomach happily. I could not wait until this baby could come out. I wanted him or her in my arms so bad.

"Well, at least we know they're healthy."

Said my mate. I smiled at him. He was so busy lately and I rarely ever saw him. Between training the pack, doing work for spies, and making sure boarders and reports were okay, he was a busy mess.

"How are the reports coming along, and the pack?"

I asked him as he laid down with me. I ended up being the little spoon as always. I looked like a six-month pregnant human and my belly was huge. This baby was constantly kicking and moving, letting me know he or she was also ready to come out.

"The pack is good. Training is tight and highly active. We are working on making sure teens and children know basic self-defense. Warriors are training strong. My spies are just saying Amethyst is training her tribe hard. They're using dark magic a lot, but no direct plan that we know of yet."

He said rubbing my belly. I nodded and sighed. I was worried for the safety of my baby. I wanted them to have a normal life. They were already going to have a tough life being first born and destined to take over this pack one day. Until then I wanted them to live as carefree as possible.

"Alrighty. Just keep me updated, and don't over work yourself!"

I told him laughing and pulling him into a kiss. He kissed my lips back sweetly, letting his tongue fall into my mouth and suck. I moaned and pulled away.

"Usually, I'm up for sex but my back hurts too much. Massage it."

I said turning over. Like a good mate he did, getting deep into all my aches and pains.

"Feeling better?"

He asked me about ten minutes in. I went to respond but we were interrupted by violent knocking.

"It's open!"

Yelled Vlad. Garret and Vincent walked in.

"Son, we need both of you to come over to the pack house immediately. Amethyst had men come over with a message. We have them in the cellars, but the message was that an attack is going to be coming soon- unless you make peace by bonding with her."

Vlad angrily scoffed.

"She knows I have a mate?! Why would I have a ceremony with her?"

He said seething. I petted his arm and hoped he would calm down a bit.

"Hey, relax. We knew that's what she wanted anyway."

I spoke. He sighed and shook his head.

"I'm just frustrated. I want her out of my life, and she won't take no for an answer."

I nodded, understanding how he felt. I too wanted the peace of not having to watch my back all the time, but life was not going to give it to us.

"Let's just go with your dad and we'll plan what we're going to do there."

I said to him. He nodded and helped me up. From there we packed a couple of suitcases with clothes and met his dad at the car.

As we were driving, we made small talk, but you could tell how tense everyone was.

"So, what's the plan, how are we going to handle this?"

I asked Garret. He sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know yet, I don't want to sit around and wait until they attack... but we have no plan to attack either yet. We are going to meet with the head warrior and gather our top men to talk. You can sit in or just relax for a bit."

He spoke. I nodded, deciding just to leave this to Vlad. I would spend time together with Samuel. When we reached the mansion, we parted ways, me going to Samuel, Vlad to the meeting.

Of course, Samuel was outside drinking a Pina Colada and reading some gossip magazine.

"Hey."

I said sitting in the chair next to him. He took off his sunglasses and smiled at me.

"What's up, how is the pregnant life?"

I chuckled and looked down at my swollen belly, my heart warming up with love.

"Great actually, this baby is going to be soccer star with all the kicking it's doing..."

I told him laughing. He was about to reply when screaming was heard. Deja Vu all over again....

"Not again, Damn it!"

Sighed Samuel quickly helping me up. He rushed me into the back door and towards the basement.

"Hurry, we need to get into the bunkers!"

He said panting at trying to hold me up. With how big my stomach was I could not run. We could hear footsteps after us, and it was a no brainer who it was.

We were about to make it when a sharp pain stung my neck. Samuel yelped and I could see the little needle sticking out his leg.

"Fuck!"

He sat me down and fell onto the floor too. We were surrendering...

"Grab them, and bring them to F2"

Said a deep voice. The world blurred around me and my last thought was hopefully my baby would be fine....

Like I was having some horrible nightmare, I jolted awake. I was on a single bed, in some sort of cellar. Samuel slept soundly across from me.

"You know, you do not make it easier to reach you. This took a lot of planning and magic to get into that house."

Said the voice of a bitch. I turned and saw a now short haired Amethyst. She had hair down to her neck.

"Nice haircut."

I said smiling. She instantly scowled.

"I would not be all smug, you know it would be a shame if that damn baby was cut right out."

She said playing with her nails. At that threat I went to use my magic but found I could not.

"Medicine I gave you blocked all magic powers. You are basically a human."

She spoke. I growled and turned slightly so my belly would not be in the way if she decided to attack.

"What do you want?!"

I spoke. She frowned.

"Vladimir, I want him back. My life was perfect until you came in. We would have been the strongest pack in history. Sirens and werewolves? And our offspring? Invincible. But no, you had to come in and rip my dream away from me. Now with you out of this picture I'm going to find a way to get my man back."

She said turning away and leaving me here in the dark and cold cellar.

This bitch was crazy.

EDITED 12/07/20