Chapter 17

L E O N

My eyes got adjusted to the flashlight and I looked at the person who held me captive

I had no idea who this man was.

It was a slim man who was about the same height and weight as me. Obviously a submissive and someone who did not like me.

"Who are you?"

I asked glaring. He rolled his blue eyes at me and motioned his men to do something. I was dragged out of the car along with Samuel and brought to my knees. We were in some field and in a territory, I have never been to before.

"You don't know me, but of course, I know you."

This time I rolled my eyes. He grinned at me.

"Okay, well I thought that so that's why I asked. Again, who are you?"

I spoke. His smirk dulled a bit, and I could see the spark of anger in his eyes. He said something in his language, and I was slapped by one of his henchmen. I clenched my jaw and suppressed the moan of pain I wanted to emit.

"Look, I don't have time for your attitude. I don't like you, because of you my sister got her heartbroken."

My eyes widened a bit, and he rolled his eyes. I was about to say something, but Samuel beat me to it.

"Wait Amethyst?!"

He said looking at the small man.

"I said my sister got her heart broken, who else would he related to this situation?"

This guy had some attitude.

"Can you just let us go? We did not do anything! It's not my fault I'm mated to Vladimir!"

I said to the man. I wanted to hold my belly but could not as my arms were being held by these men. It freaked me out how they all looked the same. They were obviously created by dark magic.

"See if I didn't need you, I wouldn't have kidnapped you. Do not worry, no one is going to get hurt. As much as I love my sister- she is a crazy bitch. I came to warn you that she is planning something with my father. They are going to try and kill you and take over the pack. They're targeting you and your child."

He said looking straight at me. I wanted to believe him, but how could I?

"So why did you need to kidnap me to tell me?"

I spoke. He rolled his eyes, AGAIN.

"Would your mate have let me talk to you? He would have gotten in the way. Believe me if you want but they are planning something big and dark. If they cannot get to you, they are going to go after Vlad. Trust no one, they're serious about this."

He spoke. I just nodded and looked down. He said something to his henchmen and Samuel and I's arms were let go. Immediately I clutched my stomach and shrunk into myself a bit. Samuel came next to me and shielded me from the men behind us.

"As cute as this is, I'll let you get back to your mate. Remember what I said. Trust no one and watch your back. I will be in touched. Again, I love my sister, but I know how it is to have a mate. I hope all goes well for you."

He said as he turned away. He got into one of the SUV's and they all drove off. Me and Samuel were left in the dark field, all alone.

"What the fuck was that?"

Said Samuel, shivering from the cold.

"I have no idea."

I clutched his arm and pulled him closer, so we could be warmed.

"Do you believe him, on what he said?"

He asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know. He did not hurt us from beside that slap, but all information is crucial information. He could he help, or he could be fucking with us. He just warned us to be alert and prepared for attack. His sister went a bit haywire. A broken heart can make anyone go a bit crazy."

I spoke. He nodded and helped me stand up.

"Can you contact anyone from the pack? I still cannot contact Vlad."

I said to him. He tried and shook his head. I groaned.

"Here I smell something in the wind. We cannot be far from a fast-food restaurant. Let us start walking."

I nodded and we went on our way. It had to be around 3-4 o'clock in the morning when we made our way down a dark and creepy road and found ourselves at some diner. It was a human diner, and no one was inside besides staff. Thankfully, they all looked normal.

"Excuse me, what time is it?"

I asked a young girl. She looked at her phone and spoke.

"4:37am. Need to use a phone?"

I nodded and thankfully she lent me the staff phone. I quickly dialed my mate and got ready to hear his wrath.

"Hello...?"

His dark and gruff voice answered. I winced at how pissed he sounded.

"B-baby..."

I spoke. I immediately heard shuffling and a loud growl.

"Leon! Where the fuck are you?! What happened!"

He said panting into the phone. I shook as I remembered the events of today and sighed.

"I'll explain later, just come and pick me up. I'm at a place called Gina's All-Day Diner."

He promised to pick me up and said be careful. I gave the phone back to the lady and me and Samuel sat down in a booth and ordered some food.

"Are you okay?"

He asked me as we ate and sipped on some coffee.

"Yeah, only tired and a bit shook up. I am nervous now. I don't want anything to happen to this baby..."

I said rubbing my belly. He nodded.

"I understand. It is your child, and your life were just getting on track. Just take deep breaths. You know Vlad would never let anything happen to you."

He said patting my hand. That calmed down my nerves a bit. He was right, my mate was not going to let anything bad come my way. Especially after this.

Samuel and I just distracted each other for the rest of the early morning until our mates came to pick us up.

When Vlad finally got here after about two and a half hours. He barged in, scaring the girl who was on her cell phone, and came my way. He picked me out of my booth and cradled me to his chest.

"I'm so, so, so sorry."

He said into my hair. I pulled back from him.

"Sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for!"

I spoke. He shook his head.

"Yes, I do, what if something happened to you or the baby? I did not protect you. I should have done something!"

He growled pulling me into him again.

"Vlad, there was nothing you could have done. No one was expecting this. You got me and that is all that matters. Now give me some cash to pay for this food and let us get going."

I spoke. He nodded and laid forty dollars on the table before picking me up and helping me to his car. Samuel was already dragged away by his mate.

Vlad buckled me in and got to the wheel.

"Okay, explain everything from start to end."

He said as we got driving.

I sighed; this was going to be a long drive home.

EDITED 12/07/20