Penitence

As time goes by in the literature club, Yuri was reading her book and was about to finish until she was interrupted.

"Alright everyone! It's time to pack up and leave!" Monika shouts across the room

As Yuri was packing up her stuff, Natsuki walks in front of her with her hands on her hips.

"Hey!" Natsuki slightly yelled at her

Alright, remember what I said to myself. Yuri thought

"What do you want?" she said boldly as she was starting to stand up.

"I just wanted to say that I absolutely hated your poem! It was so stupid and hard to read!"

Yuri was slightly shocked but didn't show it. Instead, she talked back to her in a very mean tone.

"Shut up Natsuki. You're always complaining about my handwriting and how all my poems that I write suck. Why not look back at your poem and re-read it for yourself to see how it looks to you."

"My poems are good! You just look at them differently!" Natsuki retorted back at Yuri

"No they're not. They don't emphasize anything. You just write things that come to your mind. Natsuki...."

Yuri was about to say something she'll regret

"You're an idiot. Your poems are nothing but pieces of letters put together. They mean nothing and don't emphasize to anything. You have no talent at all. The only thing you do in this class is read your stupid manga and pout at anything I say or anything that you don't agree with. You're worthless and should not be apart of this world at all; The world would be a better place with you gone."

.

.

.

.

Uh-oh. Did she go too far? Maybe that was too harsh...

Before Yuri could apologize to Natsuki, she was already on the brink of tears.

"N-Natsuki! I-I-I'm sor-"

"N-no, you're right. I am worthless...I am an idiot. All I do is complain about everything.." Natsuki sniffed trying to hold back tears

"Maybe...maybe I don't even belong here.." At this point, Natsuki was crying, tears flooding down her cheeks. She took all the words Yuri said into consideration and took them very seriously.

"Nat-" before Yuri could even finish her statement, Natsuki took her stuff and ran out of the club, tears now freefalling on her face.

Yuri's POV

Oh no... this is bad! I thought to myself as I kept rethinking the words I said into my mind.

I went too far, I went too far!

I stare blankly at the clubroom doors and my mind keeps racing.

I need to apologize to her quick!

As I was thinking that, I hear someone walk up to me.

"Yuri? What happened between you and Natsuki?" that voice...It was Monika's

"I...I" I couldn't even provide a reason or an excuse. My mind was just thinking about what I just said to Natsuki. I didn't want to come out that harsh, but I accidentally did.

"Sorry Monika, I have to do something." After saying that I grabbed my stuff and ran out the clubroom

.

.

As I was running down the hallways, Natsuki was no where in sight. Just how quick was she? I kept running around and around trying to find her. A big wave of guilt struck me. What if she took what I said seriously? What if she does kill herself?! My thoughts were racing. I regretted saying those words. Why? Why was I so stupid? Why didn't I think about the consequences of saying that?

Now I was extremely worried. Maybe Natsuki would forget by tomorrow and come back to school acting normal.

No.

The words were way too harsh just to be "forgotten". After what seemed like hours, more like minutes, of running through the halls, I gave up my search to find Natsuki.

Maybe she'll forget by tomorrow I hope. I actually cared for Natsuki and didn't want her to harm herself. I'll just go home and pray that I'll just forget that this all happens, which won't work at all.

~ Time Skip ~

As I got home and unpacked my stuff, I look at the window.

It's turning night.

I sigh and lay down on my bed, arms sprawled across it. What a day of sorrow, I thought to myself.

Rolling to my side, I check my phone to see if anyone texted me.

No one.

Of course.

Feeling tired, I put my phone down and rolled to the other side.

As my eyes were about to close I thought of one last thing...

I'm sorry Natsuki...please forgive me..