Blushes

(I dunno guys, I have no excuse. Apologies for not updating my book.)
(It probably won't be as accurate as it is because I forgot what was going on in my story D:)

Natsuki's PoV

We were finally out of that hellhole of a place. Well, it wasn't that bad as Yui was one of the reasons it was enjoyable there. She was pretty charming and I wondered why she didn't have a partner yet. Maybe she wasn't interested in one? Hm, I'll never know.

We were still walking back to Yuri's home so she could 'do stuff' she wanted. I didn't question it and shrugged my shoulders.

"Sooo, Yuri?" I started. She looked over to me.

"Have you, um, ever dated someone before?" I ask her, blushing primordially. She loosens her gaze upon me and looks straight again, tilting her head upward a little.

"Well, I have dated a few people in my past. Though, they didn't work out like how I thought it would."

"Eh? Whadaya mean?"

"It wasn't what I expected of them." She puts.

"Ohoh, I see, I see." I say, releasing my stare on her. She then turns over to me with a curious look.

"What about you, 'Nat'ski?'"

I blush at the sudden remark of my name.

"W-Well, I h-haven't really dated anyone before..." I say, embarrassed.

"I could see why." She says bluntly.

"W-What do you mean by that!?" I say, clenching my fist outwards. She giggles a little and puts her hand on my head.

"You're too stubborn to be dating someone." She smiles.

Gah, how much I hate that dreaded smile. Making me feel butterflies in my stomach and blush profusely. Hmph, I'll find a way to make her blush.

On instinct, I grab her arm softly and pull her towards my face, stopping our walk.

"I'm not s-s-stubborn." I stutter, just realizing how close Yuri's face was to mine.

"I-I-I-I'm just i-i-independent." Oh god, what has gotten in to me!? I can't even formulate a sentence without stuttering a word!

"Mhm, sssuree you are." She says, getting closer, making our foreheads practically touch each other.

Nononononononono!

"I-I-I-I a-am!"

Yuri laughs and pulls away from my grip.

"Ahaha, I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin'!"

I cross my arms and pout to myself, still a blushing mess.

"C-Can we just go back home?"

"Yesyes, of course, of course." Yuri says, smiling genuinely.

Does she know about the crush I have on her? Nono, she doesn't, she doesn't. But... she's acting differently around me... she never would act like this around me... neither would I, but I soften a lot around her for some reason now. Must be the power of love. Did Yui tell her something I said about her? I don't think she would, since I told her to not tell. Ahh, I'm being too paranoid about this. Calm down, calm down...

"You seem to be in thought, Nat."

"Yeah, I'm thinking."

"About?"

"T-That's none of your business!"

She just smiles at me and turns back.

Yuri's PoV