Discovery

Natsuki's POV

The day goes by seemingly slower for some reason. Sayori and Monika were chatting about something, but I couldn't hear them well enough to know what it was. I sighed and looked out the window. It looked like it was turning dawn. How long have we've been here? Did Monika forgot to check the time again? Monika can be clumsy sometimes and forget about time. Sayori seemed to notice this and called it out.

"Monika? I think it's time to go." Sayori said looking at the window and back to her.

"Oh, right! I totally forgot!" Monika just grinned and blushed a little from embarrassment.

Hearing this, I pack my stuff and left the clubroom.

Yuri's POV

I saw Natsuki pack up her stuff and leave.

Well, this is my queue.

I did the same thing and silently followed her making sure not to get too close or too far. I looked like a stalker but that didn't matter at the moment; what matters now is that I have to follow her and see what she does. A few minutes passed by and I wasn't noticed...yet. I, well, we both reached her house. There were bushes covering it. It looked so different and isolated from all the other houses on the street. While examining the house, a thought occurred to me. How was I going to get in her house? Should I just look in the window? No...I'll follow her in. Man, I look like such a creep right now.

With that, Natsuki opened the door and walked in, closing the door. I slowly crept near it, turning the knob slowly so I wouldn't make any noise. It seemed like it work because I slowly slipped in.

The inside of her house was pretty plain actually. No decorations, no images, just a plain color. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Natsuki walk into the kitchen. Quickly, I hid behind the couch she had, peeking my head over it to see what she does.

Natsuki's POV

I walk in the kitchen and start to unbandage my wrist gauze. It hurt a little, but stopped once I took it off. The blood was dry, so I went to the sink to clean it off. It stung since the cuts weren't fully healed.

I turned off the water once the dried blood was gone and sighed. There's really nothing to look forward to in the future for me.

My eyes slowly drifted toward the knife I used to cut myself yesterday. My hand started moving on its own and grabbed it. I positioned it to my right wrist this time. As I was about to cut it, I heard a voice near me.

"N-Natsuki?" The voice. It sounded extremely familiar. I've felt like I heard it before.

"W-What are you doing?" Oh no...that voice...it's Yuri's

I tilted my head to the direction of Yuri. She was crying.

"Y-Yuri! I-It's not what it lo-"

"No...." she said, interrupting my sentence. "This was all because of me right?"

At this point, the knife was gone from my hand, dropped on the counter. What do I do in these kind of situations? What do I say? Should I comfort her or something? A million thoughts ran into my mind, but were caught off by Yuri running towards me and basically tackling me into a hug.

This is odd....Yuri was hugging me. I never saw her as the affectionate type, but in this situation, it's kind of reasonable.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." she kept repeating, Her voice sounded broken. I didn't know what to do at the moment.

"It's okay, don't worry." I said in a gentle voice. I've really never said anything gentle before. Usually I just say harsh and cruel stuff, but this time, it was different.

"N-No! It's not okay!" Yuri shouts, sobbing uncontrollably onto my shoulder. "I can't forgive myself!"

It seemed of that those words also affected Yuri in a way, like what she said ricocheted off me and bounced back to her.

A few minutes passed by and Yuri's crying calmed down. She finally looked up to my pink eyes with the most guiltiest and saddest expression I've had ever seen in my life. I almost felt pity.

"C-Can I stay here for the night?" Yuri asked

W-What?! Yuri wants to stay here for the night? HERE? My thoughts began pacing. This place is so untidy and a mess. The only clean thing in this household is probably my room.

"P-Please don't..." I hesitantly said to her. She looked as if she were going to cry again.

"Al-Alright...it was a stupid question to ask anyway..."

Her voice sounded like a fallen angel. It wasn't the soft, elegant voice as I was used to.

She got up and turned around. As she was about to walk away, I tugged on her arm a little.

"L-Let me stay over your house for the night." I timidly said

Yuri's eyes widened, quickly abiding the offer, looking a bit relieved.

"Let me get some of my stuff then." I said getting up off the floor

She nodded a soft nod and waited for me to get my stuff.

I went upstairs to grab a few items. As I was grabbing some stuff, I start to think back to when Yuri caught me. How'd she even get in my house? The question lingered for a bit in my mind before going away. So much just happened in so little time. I wasn't even planning on going to Yuri's house, but a thought in my head said I couldn't just let her go. I finished packing up and headed back downstairs to see Yuri waiting. There was an awkward silence as soon as I got to the bottom floor.

I walked passed her, ushering her to come while I close the door.

The walk was silent. We've haven't said anything yet. I look over to Yuri. She looks like she's in deep thought right now, most likely thinking of ways to forgive me. Suddenly, my head goes nauseas and everything looked blurry. I started to feel dizzy, stumbling on my steps. Yuri took notice and look worried, stopping to see if I was okay.

"N-Natsuki?" She asked worriedly

I fell down on the ground, Yuri swiftly catching me in the process. I was fading in and out of consciousness. One thought occurred to me before I passed out.

When was the last time I ate?