Chapter Two

Point of View: Virgil, First Person
Timeline: Present Day; Day Two of Roman Being M.I.A.

"... What is this about?" I asked, noting the strange set-up of the Commons.

Logan's lab equipment was everywhere - vitals and test tubes filled with oddly colored liquid.  It a couple of books rested on the couch Logan had snapped another tall table in here, which was also covered in various... things I couldn't name and a book.

Logan merely waved at me, gesturing for me to come over to him. I frowned but followed his instruction.  "What's this?" I asked, holding up tiny test tube filled with murky gray liquid.

"That," Logan started, taking the vial from me, "Is dangerous," he explained dryly.

I shuddered, not wanting to know.  

And silently noting to not touch any of Logan's stuff while he was in his lab.  

"So, why is your lab... in the Common Room? And what's this all about?" I asked again.

"If I do it right," Logan said, not looking at me and he poured another unknown, crushed glittery substance into the rest tube. "Then this will help you remember so that we can find Roman."

I couldn't help feeling guilty. If I could just remember Logan wouldn't have to do this, they could've left days ago. In fact, I had wanted to try but Logan had quickly pointed out that... that I had done the exact same thing... last time... and that... clearly didn't work.

If only I could just remember...

"Here," Logan said finally, thankfully not commenting on his nervous shuffling. "Drink," he added dryly, holding the test tube – now a shimmering silver – out to me.

I couldn't help taking a tiny smell and I immediately gagged, nearly dropping it. "You've got to me kidding me," I muttered.

"What were you expecting? This is to get your memories back – it's not supposed to taste good," he argued, scowling at me.

"And what exactly are the chances that it'll actually kill me?"

"Just drink it," Logan snapped, eyes dark.

I quickly chugged the... awful smelling liquid at that.

It tasted about as good as it smelled.

I gagged a little, but the solution stayed down and I looked up at Logan expectantly, who was merely cleaning up his work space with a simple snap - the Commons resorting to the normal state of Thomas's living room.

"So... now what?" I asked once I had recovered.

Logan scoffed a little. "Now you sit and wait for it to kick in," he commanded – pointing harshly at the couch.

I quickly obeyed, not wanting to make him even more upset.

Logan has been... cold with me ever since I've been... back. I keep trying to talk to him and he's... just cold. Almost like he's angry with me. But for what?

"Patton's been quiet lately," I tried once it was clear Logan wasn't going to speak to me.

"Patton has his own responsibilities, Anxiety," Logan said harshly, not even looking at me.

Okay – enough was enough.

"What did I do?" I asked. "You've been cold to me ever since I woke up – did I do something wrong?"

Logan's movements got harsher but he didn't even bother to respond.

"Please," I exhaled harshly, getting a little angry now. "What did I do?"