Chapter Nineteen And A Half

Point of View: OLLIE, OCD, Precious Smol, etc.
Timeline: Present Day, After Virgil and Fairy Godmother Left

Threes, threes, threes.

Threes are good.  Fives are good.  Not as good as threes, but still good enough.

Six is good.  It has a little three on the inside, two little nice threes.  That makes it a good number.

Virgil.

That's six letters.

Vee.

That's three letters.

He is good.

Vee loves me, Vee loves me so, so much.

Deceit.

That's six letters.

He is good.

Even if he doesn't realize the truth of it.  

For now anyway.

Incubus.

That's seven letters.

He is bad.

Father is a very bad man.

Father... is he finally beyond saving?  I don't know.

...

I don't know where I fall.

Oliver.

That's six letters.

Ollie.

That's five letters.

But I am seven years old.

...

I don't know.  

Am I actually a bad person?  

How am I supposed to know?  

The rules... they don't give me anyway to measure something like that.

I blinked quickly, taking in all the beautiful flowers.  I glanced behind me to see Vee talking to Fairy Godmother, and the both of them were frowning, both uncharacteristically serious.

"You coming, Lee?"

I turned back around to see my friend - Daisy.  He's a nymph, and my friend.  He hangs around the fields, always having tiny daisies in his hair.  He wears a white and yellow daisy patterned shirt, dark green pants and no shoes - like all nymphs.  Daisy is my best friend in the whole wide world cause he's careful to follow my rules, and understand me more than most of the other sides.  The other sides usually think that I am just a problem, a waste of space.  He does not.  

And he usually calls me Lee.

That's three letters.

...

... And he's pretty.

"Yeah, I'm coming," I said, quickly catching up - careful to keep stepping on the large, flat  walking stones on the path as to not get my white sneakers too dirty.  "Where we going?"

"It's a surprise," he said, smiling brightly as he held a hand out to me.

I felt my cheeks grow hot as I reached out for his soft outstretched fingertips -

The ground suddenly shook, knocking the both of us to the ground.  I winced as my arm landed on the edge of a stepping stone, the blood instantly running down.  I blinked fast, trying  really hard not to cry as I focused on what was happening down in front of me.

The once beautiful field of flowers had split in half, a long, dark crack appearing in the ground and I felt myself already slipping away, I already knew that this was no ordinary work of nature.

A yellow and black man flickered into existence a few feet in front of me, gloved hands twisting as he smirked right at me.

"Time to return home, little one."

____________________