Chapter Seventeen

Point of View: DECEIT, First Person
Timeline: Present Day

"DECEIT!"

I immediately appeared in the dark throne room, even though I was here only a few hours ago.  I took a moment to admire the way the black-lights embedded in the floor and our the along the bounced off the darkness, purple-blue light filling the room.

What did Incubus want from me NOW?

I glanced up at King Incubus, blinking at the way he sat rigid on his black throne - expression stormy.

"Yes, my King?" I lowered my head respectfully, wincing inwardly as I remembered how things had gone that last time I was here.

Next time I suggest you act less carelessly around the only one who cares about your well being.

"I have a task for you," Incubus started, folding his gloved hands together."In regards to my son."

I bowed my head. 

Just do everything he asks - no smart-mouthing your superiors, Dee.  Maybe then you'd actually be accepted again. 

"What is it that you wish, my King?"

"It is time for my son to come back home."

____________________
Point of View: Virgil, First Person
Timeline: Present Day

"Well what are we waiting for?  Let's go!" I said, jumping to my feet and quickly setting the tiny, now empty, teacup on the little table.  I paused when Fairy Godmother didn't immediately jump up and follow.

Fairy Godmother was blinking curiously at me, head tilted slightly to the side in thought.  "You... you are here for another reason... aren't you, love?  There's another reason why you wanted to come and see me, isn't there?" she questioned.

I yanked my sleeves over my hands.  "How could I? I wasn't even sure if you were real until... now," I admitted.  "And what other reason could there be?" I dodged.

Fairy Godmother didn't fall for it.

"You want to know what happened to you," Fairy Godmother set her teacup down and stood up - crossing her arms stubbornly across her chest.  "You want to know what happened to you on the Dark Side of the Imagination - how you could ever want to kill the person you love the most... am I right, love?"

I dropped back on the cream colored sofa, legs suddenly unsteady.  I dropped my head in my hands, bangs falling over my eyes.  "I remember wanting to- to kill him," I confessed.  "How could I ever want that? Or a-anything bad to happen to him?  Ever?"

Fairy Godmother sat back down next to me, taking both of my hands in her own and forcing me to look her in the eye.  "Perhaps, love, this might be best explained at a later time," she said after a moment.  "For right now... let's just take things one step at time, and take the obstacles as they come."

"So you don't know what happened to me over there, and now you're telling me that I'll have to go back to save Roman, at some point?  How am I supposed to -"

"I... I have a theory, on what might've happened to you, love, but I would not want to worry you unnecessarily," Fairy Godmother interrupted.  "I would prefer to receive a second opinion, before confiding in you.  For now," she said, pulling me to my feet with a small, reassuring smile.  "Let's focus on finding Roman, okay?" she smiled.