Chapter Twenty-Six

Point of View: Deceit, First Person
Timeline: Before Logan collapses, After Virgil's Hallucination, After Ollie and Daisy have been taken by Deceit and are currently MIA, and After Joan leaves the room after checking in with Thomas (oh boy, y'all remember all that? you guys are troopers if you're still hanging in there)

"Is the job done?"

"Yes sir, your son is back in the Palace, my King.  The operation to retrieve him went smoothly.  The plan is being executed perfectly. No one suspects a thing."

"And the gem is still being protected?"

"Yes, my King."

"Good.  Start Phase Three."

"... My King, if you don't mind me asking, what do you intend to do with Ollie -"

"That is classified information of which you have no reason to know.  How Oliver is involved in the plan has nothing to do with you.  And it is absolutely not your place to ask questions in this operation, now is it, Deceit?"

"No, no of course not, my King.  I was just -"

"You were just being an ignorant little servant.  Now, do not make me repeat myself.  You have your orders.  Follow them."

"Yes my King..."

__________
Point of View: Thomas, First Person
Timeline: After Logan collapses, After Virgil and FG go through the door, After Ollie and Daisy have been taken to the Mind Palace, After Joan leaves the room, A minute or so before Will and Pax are reunited and fuse together (Remember: This story takes place before Thomas learns about Deceit)

I sighed rubbing the back of my neck, frustrated and upset.  I shouldn't have lied to Joan, lying is wrong. 

But... I've already lied, what's a few more?

I exhaled harshly frowning at the computer which still had the 'Moving On' Project up.  I just felt so unsure of what to do next.  Should I try and talk to Joan, tell them that I heard what they said? That I heard that they think I'm going crazy?  You know what, I bet if we talk about it -

Oh come on, Thomas.  You're better than that.

What? What do you mean?

They think that you're crazy! You don't honestly think that talking is going to fix this? Please, be reasonable.  Joan thinks that you're crazy, and now Talyn does too.  Are those really the kind of people that you want to surround yourself with?

I mean... no, but this is Joan and Talyn.  They've both been there for me for... years.  Shouldn't I at least try to work this out?

You owe them nothing.  They want to try to fix you; they look at you like you're broken.  And admittedly, they aren't wrong, but why keep them around?

I - no, I'm not crazy.  I know that.

And what, exactly, do you think you could say to convince Joan of that? What could you possibly say that would change their minds?  Why would they care about the words of someone who they think is mentally unstable?

I - I don't know...

They don't want to really help you.  If they want to help you, they'd listen to you.  And neither of the two people you claim to be your "best friends" are listening.