Chapter Twenty-Five

Point of View: Pax, First Person
Timeline: Logan is sick, Patton is exhausted from bring Pax back from his previous crystal state, Virgil is mid-hallucination, Ollie and Daisy are M.I.A., Pax just tried (and failed) to get his husband (Will) back

"No," I cried out, hoping the gem close. "Why didn't it work? Will..." I cradled the gem, doing my best not to cry at my failure. "Please Will. You're my other half, I can't be whole without you. Please, please..."

I kept my tears in as I stared helplessly at the emerald in my hands.  Taking a shaky breath, I decided to look up to check on Patton and Logan.  I blinked in surprise as I noticed that... that Logan had... well, I quite know how to explain it.  He started... glitching? Perhaps that would b the best word for it.  His body had started flickering in and out of view, but I couldn't help the way my hands curled protectively around Will's gem, holding the emerald over my heart.

And it was only then when I noticed.

The emerald... was getting... warmer?  I looked down to see if I was imagining things, but the gem had started glowing.  As if the gem suddenly had a mind of it's own, it glowed and started to flow upwards.  I held onto the gem as long as I could, but very quickly it become too hot to touch and I winced, and pulled my hands back - watching it hover in mid-air.

But before I could even say a word, I was blinded by bright white light and I let out a yelp of surprise and I instinctively covered eyes.  A wave of heat rolled over me but it wasn't entirely unpleasant; it was like a wave of sunlight, being given a hug from the sky.

After a moment, I cautiously blinked - half of me not daring to hope...

Will.

Just like the day we died, he was wearing his usual dark green button up long sleeve shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows as always and black jeans.  He was right here, looking a bit stunned.

I didn't even wait for him to recognize me.  I let out some sort of inhuman cry and I raced towards him and jumped into his arms, hugging him as tight as I could.  Will let out a grunt as he stumbled backwards and we both fell to the floor.

"Ow," Will muttered, wincing a bit as he rolled his right shoulder, but I honestly didn't care.

"William Sanders," I spat out, sitting up but not moving from my place on his thighs.  "Don't you EVER scare me like that again.  You hear me?!" I screeched, pointing a finger in his face.  Though I'm afraid I can't have looked very threatening, considering that I was still crying and smiling and just so, so happy that he was okay.  "You hear me?  Don't you ever pull that crap again."

"I missed you too," Will returned, smiling as he finally recognized me - sitting up as much as he could.  He was grinning though as he brought up one hand to knock my pointing finger aside and instead putting my arms around him.

I couldn't bring myself to fight him, instead sobbing into his shoulder.

"I love you so much," I whispered occasionally.  "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Will whispered back, brushing our noses together playfully and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me.  Gosh, I was feeling so many emotions, it was so hard to remember if I was mad at him, happy he was back, or grateful that he was with me for even just a little while longer.

"I was so scared that you wouldn't find your way back to me," I confessed.

Will laughed lightly, pulling back to kiss my forehead.  "Not gonna lie, I was pretty scared too.  But hey, we're okay.  We're both okay," he reminded me, giving me his big dorky smile.  "Now," he said, shoving me to side.  "Come on, Thomas needs us."

I frowning at Will, who laughed at my pout.  "Thomas what now?"  I took Will's outstretched hand as he pulled me to my feet.

"Thomas needs me.  I just feel it.  And I know that I'm going to need your help," Will explained vaguely.  "Please, Pax? Please fuse with me?"

I grabbed Will's hand, folding my fingers between his.  "Are you sure that you're ready? I mean, you just got back."

Will nodded.  "I'm sure.  Come on," he laughed, spinning me around in a circle.  I couldn't help laughing back, squeezing Will's hand.

"I love you."

"I love you too," Will murmured back, before taking a deep breath and...

----------
Point of View: Patton, First Person

Logan was glitching?! This has never happened before - what was I supposed to do?  Oh gosh, if only Logan was here, he'd be smart enough to know what to do.

"Shh," I said, hovering next to Logan.  I couldn't hold him anymore, considering that he was glitching in and out, no longer able to hold a physical form.  I didn't even think that he could hear me, as his eyes were rolled behind his head.

Logan had said Deceit... was Deceit doing this?  And if he was, then why? Why was he doing this to him? So many unanswered questions...  what would Deceit gain from blinding Log-

... We are all distracted.  Virgil is distracted, Logan is glitching, and I'm distracted by Logan glitching.

So who is watching over Thomas?

"Patton," I looked up at the sound of my name, desperately hoping that Virgil was back -  but was surprised to see someone completely new.

"Pax... uh, Will? Uh..." I drifted off, confused.  At first glance, it almost looked like Pax.  But he was wearing a  dark green sweater.  He seemed to be wearing Pax's cream colored glasses though, and I found myself just staring - not sure exactly what to ask first.

"We are going to check on Thomas.  We're hoping that by helping Thomas, that will help Logan.  But you stay here and keep an eye on him.  Logan's probably going to be confused when he wakes up," he said.

I blinked.  "Wait we?" I asked him.

He smiled.  "We," he - they? - confirmed.  "We'll explain when we get back.  But make sure you stay with Logan," he reminded me before sinking down.

...

"Well then.  Now we don't have time to unpack all of that," I muttered to myself, absently.  "But I promise I'm not going anywhere, Lo... just hang in there... just for a little while longer..."

____________________
I hope this makes some type of sense, I'm to remember how to write XD (Writing? Who is she? Never heard of her...)
Gosh DARNIT whenever I swear that I'm getting back in the swing of things, then I disappear for 3 months.  So I'm not gonna jinx myself by saying that I hope to have the next chapter up soon... <3