.Rise and Fall. (5)

|Chapter: 5|

Before I could comprehend what's happening, or even collect my thoughts, he walked to my car and leaned towards my window so that our faces were same level and our eyes met. His dark black eyes were so mesmerising that I didn't look away even though my heart was beating like crazy under his gaze.

I've stared in those eyes so many times but not so up close. Now that I'm looking at them, I couldn't look away. Cold, dark and no emotions were the only things that I found in them, but they seemed like a fake façade he wore like his skin.

"My car broke down. So, I was thinking if you could...", he struggled to say, looking away from me.

I blinked several times to come out of the daze that I was in few seconds ago. "Drive me home", he finished.

Did the bad boy just ask for a drive? But it sounded more like an order and there was something about his deep voice, that made me lose my own voice. We didn't really talk before despite being neighbours and going to the same school. Now that we are I don't seem to hate it, not at all.

Before I could come up with a decision, he came from the other side and got inside. I wanted to jump out of my own car as we sat inside the small space together for the first time. Nothing came out of my mouth as I put my shaking hands on the steering wheel. I started the engine again and pulled away. My heart was pounding. I don't know why was I so scared of him. Maybe because I was never a fan of darkness. And he depicted darkness and mystery.

All the yelling and swearing words I've heard from him past these years are enough to make me scared to death.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. He was glancing out of the window, as the cold wind blew brushing through his face and his unruly blonde hair pushed back. I swear he didn't look real to me, but only like a dream, a cloud of smoke that would disappear if I touch. I pulled myself out from his addicting aura, forcefully and tried concentrating on driving.

He pulled out a cigar from the pocket of his leather jacket and that's when I realised I cannot be appreciating a delinquent. No, I won't let him smoke inside my car.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out as I tried to stay brave as much as I can. I hate myself for being so weak and scared. He took out his lighter as my grip on the steering tighten to gain some strength and then I gulped a lump down my throat.

"Do..Don't....Smoke......Please don't smoke inside my car", I said it but why did I add please.

He halted in the middle of lighting up his cigar. He brought the lighter down and took out the cigar from his mouth before throwing it outside the window. That left me in a complete shocked state.

Did he just listen to me? He didn't even say a word but just obeyed me. Are all the bad boys like this? I mean, I at least expected him to lash out at me or something.

The rest of the ride went by in silence, but I'd be lying if I say I didn't wanted to hear him talk. I kept glancing at him from the corner of my eyes as he looked outside his window from time to time. His perfect nose, lips in straight line and blonde messy hair flying with the air can be the most reasonable reason if I drive into someone also.

As I pulled into my driveway he opened the door and walked away without uttering a word to me. Not even a thank you? But what more I can expect from a bad boy and with a little disappointment, I went inside too.

I took a quick shower before heading downstairs to make something to eat. The weather seemed like it was going to rain again. I decided to cook noodles since its easy and fast to tame my hungry belly.

With the bowl of noodles in one hand and a drinking water bottle in other, I started walking up the stairs to my room slowly so not to drop the hot soup. Since mom isn't home I like to eat food in my room mostly. The tapping sound on my window indicated that the visitor has arrived. After not very long it started to pour very heavily and the cold wind made its way to my room through the open window. Quickly placing the things on the nightstand, I went to close the window.

Just when I was about to close it, my eyes fell on the person sitting on his porch of the next house. He looked lost in thought with a bottle of alcohol in his hand. For the first time his expressionless face changed into something different. He looked sad.

Nickel Black was sad. And my heart twisted with pain at the sight of that. But I couldn't understand why?

I always knew there was so much more than he show. He was a mystery and I never liked mysteries because they always had an ugly truth with them. And what kind of truth he was hiding?, I was scared to know that too.

So, I never tried to dig his life to know whats going on with him. Its better that way, I always convinced myself and put the thought of wanting to know him better aside.

Like he can always feel my eyes on him, he swapped his head towards my window. Ours eyes met for some seconds, but I couldn't read them due to the heavy pour between us. I closed the window and pulled out the blinds. My heart was beating abnormally again, and suddenly all my hunger went away.

I started towards my bed to finish my food anyway, but  then I halted when I heard the loud crashing of a glass bottle. I knew it was  him but I ignored it, like I always did. I have more important things to be worried for, I thought and took out my assignments.

*******
Vote.Comment.Share