.Rise and Fall. (10)

|Chapter: 10|

Date: 16 March, 2010.

Day 2.

The worried look in your face when you entered my hospital room for the first time killed me from inside today. You were holding onto your mom's index finger. The moment I smiled to you, you let go of her hand and ran to me. After the hug we share, there was a happy smile playing on your lips. The smile that brightens everything around. Serena, you are beautiful and you'll grow up beautiful.

Smile. It brings out the blue color in your eyes. But don't forget to cry too. You must be thinking what kind of father gives an advice like that. Remember, You cannot always expect life to give reasons to smile but to be sad too. And you have to be ready for it. Be strong. Life is all about high and lows, or rise and fall. Mostly lows teach you the best lessons.

I love you baby girl. I'm always there in the pages.

#Tip of the day: Harsh words can hurt you as well as hide the true feelings too.

With love,
Your dad.

I closed the diary with a thud as I shut my eyes shedding some silent tears. 'Life is all about high and lows, or rise and fall', what does that mean? Because lately everything has been low for me.

Dad if only you were here, I thought. I'm tired of always getting welcomed by an empty house. I need someone to talk. I need mom. I need to be out of this town. I need Nickel Black to be out of my sight. Something in me twisted with so much pain when he said that I'm not special. Special? I think he didn't even see me as a human, neither did I.

Seven full years we've been living next to each without a single nice gesture between us. The only thing we shared was stares and lots of glares with no specific meaning because his glares were always blank and expressionless.

He treated me like the piece of junk that we only glare at with disgust when its smell, ignoring the whole other time.

That's the truth, but then why does it hurt me so much when he actually said it.

But then last night he was with me. He carried me home and covered me with the blanket. He cared for me. What was all that? His fake façade, right?

I internally groaned at myself for getting my hopes high. How can I be so dumb when he made it clear that he was drunk and he had no idea? And I thought the bad boy actually cares for me at some point. I rubbed my wet cheeks from all the crying before taking the diary that lay on my lap to keep it inside the drawer.

I skipped down the stairs as I made my way to the kitchen to make something to eat. I took out all the ingredients to make pancake when the door bell rang. Who could be here at this time? My heart started to beat abnormally. After what happened last night I have to more cautious about all these things.

My slow steps took several minutes to reach the door as the person behind the door started to press the bell impatiently. I sighed, letting a relieved breathe out when I saw the familiar face through the hole. I unlocked the door and revealed Salvor standing with a worried look plastered on his face.

"Are you alright? What's wrong with your face? Have you been crying? What happened? Please tell me", he attacked me with all the questions at the same time. I chuckled at that.

"I'm alright. What are you doing here?"

"Sarah was getting worried that you left without saying goodbye before from school. You were not picking up your phone. So I rushed to check on you", he said.