.Rise and Fall. (38)

|Chapter: 38|

"The soup, painkillers and then rest", he ordered as he placed the hot soup on the bed side table. Just like old times. I smiled nodding.

He tucked me inside my warm bed after we came back from the medical check-up which he insisted. Nothing serious only the painful bruises and a severe pain in my lower abdomen 'cause it was my second day. Bleeding profusely is what I might suffer from according to the doctor. Due to which she consulted a half dozen of drugs.

During the ride back home I narrated everything out to him and he was a fuming mess. I was determined not to even say a word but he was really insistent and I needed to get off my chest and share with someone.

As much as I was happy to get my bestfriend back, the guilt wasn't helping anyway. After the way I walked out on our friendship, he was still by my side.

I finished my soup just like he ordered me to. Then he handed me the painkillers.

"I suggest you to get some rest now", he said as he help me lay down slowly on my back. He pulled the cover to my face and I inhaled the familiar scent of a certain person.

Nick.

How much I want to see his face right now and at the same time scared by the threatening text.

I couldn't help but wonder where he can be now. Was he looking out for me or was he having fun somewhere? The word 'fun' itself had a lot of meanings. So the second option didn't set well with me.

The kiss on my forehead pulled me back to the reality. Salvor smiled pushing some strands of hair behind my ear. I didn't realise our faces were only inches apart as he leaned towards my face. Too close for my liking. His hand remained on my hair caressing it and his eyes lingered on my lips.

I held his shoulders with my shaking hands to push him off me gently when..

"Is this why you're not answering my calls?", said a bitter voice that came from my window. Both of our heads snapped to the direction where Nick stood, his eyes lack of emotions and they almost looked void. His eyes were fixed where I held Salvor.

I quickly withdrawn it as Salvor sat straight on my bed. Something flashed through his eyes as he stare back at Nick's cold ones. Like he was challenging him.

As they continue with there little glaring contest, I was worried about only thing. Please don't make me choose between them again.

I cleared my throat bringing their attentions back to me.

"I was going to call you but my batt....", I trailed off when he wasn't listening to me but more focused on the bruises planted all over my face. His eyes roamed around, replaced by concern in them now.

Next thing I know, he jumped inside the room. Grabbed Salvor by his collar, before pushing him up against the wall. "What the fuck did you do to her Asshole?", he growled.

How did he even got that idea? Salvor would never hurt me intentionally.

His fisted his hand, ready to pounce at him while Salvor looked unfazed by him.

"He didn't do anything Nick", I managed to say loud enough, even from all the pain. He turned to look at me, Sal took the chance and pushed him off.

"You are the sole reason for everything she went through", Sal raised his voice.

Nick was too surprised to react. With another push on his chest he said, "You're the reason I found her locked inside the dark janitor's closet. And you have no idea of how scared she is of dark places."