.Rise and Fall. (41)

|Chapter: 41|

"What a self cockblocker", Mary scoffed before sipping her coffee.

"I'm just not his type", I sighed looking at my mug with an bored expression.

Like always, with her eagle eyes Mary knew something was off about me today. For the second time she commented that I look like out of this world. And forced me to tell her, why I wasn't being annoying. So I shared my embrassing story with her.

Now, here we are packed in a booth after our shifts ended fifteen minutes ago.

"Absolutely. You're too good for his annoying ass", she rolled her eyes. "Where is he now?"

"I don't know", I truly replied.

I had no idea where he was. At night he slept with me and he even covered me with the sheets but in the morning, he just left. Left me cold and stiff on my bed.

"I actually thought that guy has something on you. You know, he stopped bringing girls around. But boys cannot be trusted because they have dicks that stands out first", she spitted her words angrily. I've never seen her like this before. Did someone cheat on her? Maybe, that's the reason why she hate the idea of dating.

"You okay? You know you can talk to me if anything both..."

"Here the Serena I like. Annoying", she cut me off.

"I'm serious Mary", I said with a stern look.

She huffed out air through her mouth. "Alright. I dated one guy for two years. I was happy and all. Then he cheated on me with the bitch I called my bestfriend. Turning me into the cold hearted person that I am now, I don't easily trust anyone. In short, I don't socialize. And I'm sucker at dating. Because the first thing that comes out my mouth whenever I'm on a date is, 'I don't have bitch of a bestfriend who you can fuck behind my back. Is that okay with you dude?'."

Even though it was a sad thing but the last part made me crack up. "I'm sorry", I managed to say.

"Don't be. I'm glad that brought your annoying self back", she dimissed the matter with the wave of her hand. 

"You're not a cold hearted person", I smiled. She rolled her eyes again but I noticed the little smile on the corner of her lips.

"I'm not giving you ride back home. Does that make me a cold person now?", she smirked.

"I know you wouldn't dare."

She shook her head finally letting her smile slip through.

"I made you smile, I deserve a treat now", I said.

"Sure. I'm going clubbing tonight. Wanna join?"

What? Seriously, Nick is going to be so.. Wait I don't care what he thinks or does. When did my life started revolving around him? I don't need his permission for having a little fun. Plus, he got the nerve to ignore me after what happened last night. He was the one who initiated, whatever that was. He shouldn't have took me all along, if he wanted to stop at last anyway. And then blamed me that I fudging encouraged him. Does he even know the meaning of it?

"But we are underage. How are we.."

"No worries. I know people. Lets go", she took my hands and started pulling. I managed to grab my coat before walking out.

I texted Sarah that she don't have to trouble herself with picking me up. I buckle up my seatbelt.

"Are you sure?", I asked unsurely.