.Rise and Fall. (6)

|Chapter: 6|

"Sweety, I'll be home by Sunday. I'm sorry, I couldn't send a text sooner that this time it will take more than a week. But I'm sure you're a big girl and you can take care of yourself. I'll call you when I'm free. Don't just stay in your room and sulk, go out with Sarah and have fun. I love you and study hard.

Your mom."

I read the text again and again as the grip on my phone tighten and a tear trickled down my cheek followed by some more of it. Tiny sobs escaped my mouth. With every passing months she was becoming more and more distant from me.

I know how hard she worked as an intern at first just so she could later get Dad's post in the company he was working and she did. At the start she was out only in the working hours but then as the years pass by she started going for trips. Trips that lasted for a week, or two every single month and now, I rarely see her.

I kept the phone on my bedside table and then took out my father's diary from the drawer before climbing into my bed. The diary that he wrote when he was on his hospital's bed three months before he died. The diary that he handed to me when I was only ten. I have read so many times already that I even remember each and every line but I can't get enough of his wise words.

I took out the first entry.

Date: 15 March, 2010.

Day 1.

Look at the bright side. The birds are chirping outside the window. Its a happy day. You must be thinking how could I call the day I got admitted in a hospital, a happy day. Always remember happiness, is something you choose.

I know you probably won't understand a single line written here when you read it for the first time but I also know you'll keep it close to your heart because that's how you're my little Serena. Then as the years goes by, everything will start making sense to you and you'll love it every time you read it.

Don't ever think that I'm not there with you or you're lonely. Because you're not, I'm there with you. I'm right under you finger tips that you're sliding through each lines on the page. I love you baby girl.

#Tip of the day: Don't be scared of the dark. Because even darkness have some good things to offer.

With love,
Your dad.

I hugged the book close to my heart and silently cried. He knew how scared I was of dark rooms, or places. But he always said, nothing gives you peace the way darkness gives and even if I force myself to, I could never agree to that.

I'm still scared of it and I don't think I'll ever overcome it. I lay down on my bed with the book still close to me and closed my eyes before drifting off to sleep.

Suddenly, in the middle of the night I woke up when Nickel returned home. I climbed out of my bed, and the moment I stood up I felt a pain in the back of my head like some hit me there, but I ignored it and peeped through my window.

"Dude! You're fucking drunk, stop drinking", Zac cried out loudly. He was drunk himself. Nickel laughed and lunge at his bestfriend, throwing him back on his lawn. He then rolled off and rested on his back, staring at the sky.

"She fucking hates me", Nickel yelled. Zac shook his head looking up too.

"How do you know?"

Nickel thought about for some seconds before he shrugged his shoulders. "I just know." Zac punched his arm and got off the damp grass. He brushed his clothes before giving Nickel a hand to stand up. Then, they both went inside his dark house arm in arm.

Who is she?, was the questioning I kept pondering on for the rest of the night.

.

"Serena?", Mr. Aden called pulling me out of my thoughts.

I didn't realise I completely zoned out of the class. Since morning I'm not able to concentrate in anything I do. There was a stinking pain inside my head that makes me feel like I'll collapse on the ground anytime I stand. I didn't eat anything for the whole freaking day which resulted in a dizzy feeling added to my head pain. I totally lost my appetite since last night.

"You okay?", he asked. I nodded my head to him. He gave a smile before walking back to his former position and continued his lecture.

I took a grip of the table by its corner to make myself sit straight and concentrate. I just want to go home and crawl into my bed already. This is the last period and I can do it, I reminded myself. The class took forever to end as the pain inside my head increased with every minute that passed.

Finally it ended and I was out of the class. I took slow steps towards the place where I parked my car clearing my eyes with each step because of the dizziness everything seemed blurry and I lost my balance in every step I took.

I can't be sick now. Mid terms were just around the corner and I can't risk to miss a class which will effect my grades and attendance, I felt more nervous due to which my head started to even spin.

"Rena?.." I heard someone shout, but that's not my name so I concentrated on watching my steps. "Why are you walking like this?"

"Serena wait", I heard the same voice calling, not really recognising who it belonged to. I stopped on my track as the person came running and stood infront of me. "Hey what's wrong?" he asked. Blonde unruly hair is all I could point out from my double visions, but not the person.

I touched my temple, "My head really hurts."

I only managed to say that before I collapsed into his arms and everything went dark.

*******
Vote.Comment.Share