.Rise and Fall. (57)

|Chapter: 57|

"I got everything." Kevin handed me the first aid kit that he managed to make a run for it and bring. Ken, the owner of the diner literally threw us out of it and did the same with the two crazy mofos who was root of the fight that started and ended with Nick having busted knuckles and them with broken noses.

Now I know he wasn't kidding when he said his fist will be super active to hit any guy who even thinks to hit on me. He was fuming with anger and it happened so fast, like I blinked and he was there, punching the life out of them. I screamed but with all the blood around, I felt nausea and lost my voice.

At last Zac and Kevin pry him out but enough damage was already done. I saw Mary panic for the first time and Sarah, being the kind she is kept cheering him on and telling him to kick on their balls. Really? When she is like the cheshire cat who started all these. And the scene would've been worst if Zac knew about it. Instead of stopping Nick, he'd have gone batshit on them himself.

Despite the nausea feeling that was still running through my head, I continue cleaning his wounds. He didn't even flinch with pain when I applied the burning antiseptic on it, he rather looked proud of what he did with a satisfied smirk. Jerk.

"You cannot ignore me forever Rena", he sighed.

"I'm not", I shrugged, not meeting his eyes.

"Then talk to me", he sounded desperate. I wasn't ignoring him but yeah... I was kinda a tad bit sad and mad. Who wouldn't be? Just a wink and he goes all caveman mood and I'm no Sarah, these things don't entertain me. Once again, he disappointed me by pushing me away when I tried to stop him.

"What do you want me to say? That I'm mad because you can't keep your temper at check. Really it's fine I understand.... I'm just worried about you", I said with a smile looking away, straight where I saw Kevin, Mary, Zac and Sarah talking near the street and laughing as we sat in my car. I wish my life wasn't complicated and on top of it he is making it hard. I didn't want him to know I'm not happy with him because he already had enough of that, I just want him to think I'm the person who will always love him no matter what.

"I can't promise but I'll try to keep my temper at check next time", he said with a remorse tone. "And I want you scream at me, be mad at me or even pull out my hair but not smile and forgive me when I know thats not the truth. Don't bottle it up Rena. Stop hiding it from me", he said like he can just read me through, just when I thought I was doing well in hiding.

I let a laugh to cover it up. "I'm not hiding anything. So where should we go next since Ken threw us out of the diner and I don't think he wants to see us anytime soon."

He watch me with scrutinising gaze. "Is it about your mom?"

"Nick just drop it. I don't want to talk about this right now", I said looking at my interlaced fingers on my lap now.

He turn his body fully to look at me and I knew he wasn't letting this matter slip that easily. I started thinking of reasons to avoid the conversation. But when I turn to look at him, I froze. His eyes were tender and somewhere disappointment laid there making me feel guilty for not being completely honest with him.

"Do you really love me or do I even make you a little bit happy?", he asked like it even hurt to ask.

My breathing hitched as well as my heart constricted with pain. But again, nothing came out of my mouth. Why? When I should be able to answer that question in a heartbeat because I love him and I didn't have any problem when I confessed to his parents just one day ago. Another question swirled up in my mind, does he really make me happy?