.Rise and Fall. (64)

You love to tear me down, you pick me apart
Then build me up like I depend on you
But I throw myself from heights that used to scare me
Guess you're surprised I'm the puzzle you can't figure out.

~Sigrid.
.....

|Chapter: 64|

"You carry on with your application. I got this one", Mary assured me as she made her way to the old couple that just enter the diner. I nodded.

I returned back to my college application as I typed all the informations needed. Sucking the end of my pen in my mouth, I was so focused on it that I didn't notice someone standing in the front until that someone cleared his throat.

I lifted my head and was surprise to see Zac standing with a soft smile on his face. I wasn't expecting that because ever since Nick and I broke up three weeks ago, he kept glaring at me whenever we happen to cross each other's path.

Shattered and broken thats what I was from inside and out since that day. Everything felt out of place in the first week and I cried for hours like a baby. He kind of disappeared for that whole week and I dreeded pain spending the time in my room after school everyday. I even ended up deciding, I'd beg him to forgive me once he comes back. Mary, Kevin and Sarah showed up most of the times just to cheer me up and I fake smiles. Honestly, I felt like a horrible friend.

When he returned back in town in the second week, I was happy. But what I saw after that broke my already broken heart into more ugly pieces. Nick and Stella flirting openly in the halls and even in class. Shocking right? Yes, Nick started attending classes for her and all the classes we had together were pure torture to me. At times I thought I'll throw up in the class itself and other times I ignored them at all cost which was harder than the entire calculus syllabus. I have never felt this disheartened before that even the thought of killing myself to avoid the pain crossed my mind.

The news of him dating Stella spread like a wild fire through the halls of Fallon High and they were the new definition of 'perfect couple' while the rumour of me, damping the hottest guy with a slap slowly started to fade. They always need something new to gossip.

I was ready to climb inside a hole and stay there for the rest of my life crying in the third week but my friends supported me a lot and reminded me of my dreams. Even though I was dying from the inside but the efforts they made just to make me stand back on my feet was enough to make me realise to grow my backbone back. I had to, not only for their sake for mine too.

Maybe we were just not meant to be, I accepted at last. But somewhere a part of me still thinks, he really did love me even a tiny bit. Right?

He moved on too fast while I'm still here struggling to take his name without crying.

"Oh. I'm so sorry I.. how can I help you?", I asked as I stood straight and placed the pen down.

"Williams listen I'm here to...", he hesitated and then turn to look at someone behind and when I followed his gaze, I saw Sarah glaring at him. He sighed, "I'm here to apologise."

"You have nothing to apologise for Zac. I'd do the same if you break up with Sarah and humiliate her infront of bunch of high school teenagers. That was a wrong move in my part", I admitted truly.

"So are we good?", he asked raising his brows.

"Yes we are." I smiled which he returned warmly. I saw Sarah beaming at us as Zac left.