Serendipity

This is a new story, it's actually all based on a dream I had which I couldn't stop thinking about the whole day after I had it, the feeling I had in it just puzzled me completely.

Do you sometimes feel like you are out of your depth? Yeah me too. My name is Megan plain and simple. Life use to be simple too. Now, not so much, I have come to acquire a lifestyle that you would not envy, but these are the cards I have been dealt in life and I'm not one to complain as someone always has it worse.

I have learnt that life is so short and precious, that even if you aren't where you want to be, don't lose hope and don't be misguided by others views, at the end of the day they don't have to walk in your shoes. Speaking of shoes I need some new ones, you see my sister and I are homeless. I don't tend to remember how it happened, more like I chose to forget. I am 19 and she is 17, her name is Jessica. We look out for each other as best we can, moving around almost every day, we can never stay somewhere too long, it's too suspicious and we could get hurt or god knows what could happen.

It's very daunting wanting to change your life but not having the power or means to do so, a very frustrating fact. However, we still do not let that stop us and today is no different day, we have roamed to yet another town and found a small quiet village, lakeside. It is definitely a wealthy part, nice cars, gardens, and houses.

"Oh, Megan please can we stop now my feet hurt" my sister complained.
"Yes soon Jessica, we just need to find somewhere suitable".
We ended up walking through a couple of fields and found ourselves on a sloped hill down by the lake, it had fencing and looked well cared for. "Come on this looks really nice under that tree there". One tree towered above almost like an apple tree, it was very scenic. We both skipped over before plonking ourselves down on the ground letting out an exhausted sigh.
I ate the last of the food I had and lay back on the grass, soaking up the sun. A few hours must have passed by and I enjoyed the silence, it was the afternoon and my sister had fallen asleep so I decided to roam about the field. I hadn't felt this peaceful in a long time, I noticed a decking almost like a dock and a couple of horses not too far from us, they were beautiful. To me, this couldn't get any better.
"Megan" I heard my sisters voice calling me and getting louder. I scoured the grass for her catching her eyes. She was pointing at something, I looked over where the commotion was to see a yacht coming in, docking up. I swiftly ran over to my sister's side by the tree, it was too late to make an escape they would see us straight away, so we just stayed where we were hoping they wouldn't bother us.

10 minutes later we had watched them finish and walk off on to the dock. I held my sister close to me, the fear that something would happen, we were both starving and thirsty by this point but I still had to protect her, it was my duty. A man was nearing us, I couldn't make out his features till he was pretty close, a woman followed behind him. He had short brown hair, very well kept and she was graciously put together. I gulped.
"This is private land" the man spoke, I just looked down at the ground.
"I am very sorry sir, we will just be leaving".
I started to drag my sister up and pick our stuff up.
"Just wait a minute girl, what are you doing here?" He was calmly replying.
"We stumbled across this place, it's so peaceful and beautiful we just had to stop, I am very sorry though".
"Right, I see, and what will your parents think about you trespassing?".
I again looked to the ground, I had no answer to that. Sometimes I want to curse at my sister for speaking up when she shouldn't.
"We have no parents"
I slapped the side of her secretly and she mouthed 'ow' at me.
"And where are you staying?"
He asked another question, the woman who I now believed was his wife just watched the situation unfold beneath her without uttering a single word, she was effortlessly beautiful.
My sister just shrugged her shoulders, I took this for an excuse to tell the man that we will be on our way and turned around to walk off from him, only to take a couple of steps before his wife called for us.
"What are your names dear?"
"Megan and Jessica" I replied.
"I want you to come with us" she smiled.
Was this a trick? I didn't want any trouble with anyone, I just wanted to be on our way.
"Look we don't want any trouble, please can we just go".
The woman frowned.
"I don't think you understand, I, I mean we, both want you to come back to our estate, we would feel very guilty to leave you out on the street another night".
I was gobsmacked, to say the least.
"You don't even know us". I pushed everyone away these days.
"We can tell you are good people, in a bad situation, we just want to help you get back on your feet, please."
She held her hand out and my sister a little traitor took it. It felt like everything was out of control. Something didn't sit right with me but I also felt like they were being genuine, so what do I do. I followed them like a lost puppy up the hill to there estate.