Define normal?

I am finally back in the UK, which is really sad I miss travelling so much! I hope to get across to California one day, it's at the top of my list. I feel refreshed and healed from my time away, all I can say was that it was amazing!

Saturday morning. I couldn't move, I had no energy it was like I needed to re charge. However, my head pounded and I felt sick. I knew this weekend was not going to be fun, although I have been invited to go to the cinema with Annie and everyone in the evening. Knock knock. "Come in" I called. Hoping it would be Elodie wanting to speak to me, but I guess I have too much hope. In retrospect it's probably a good thing because I'm too upset. "Morning sweetheart, we are just popping out for a few hours if you want to join us?". Clarissa grinned. She was too good to me, I'm not sure how I will ever repay her for everything she has done. "It's okay, I think I'm going to stay in till I go out later, but thank you". I half heartedly said. Clarissa stood there like she was analysing me. "Okay well if you need anything, Elodie is in her room".
I just frowned and nodded my head, knowing full well she would be the last person I went too. They soon left leaving me to do as I please.

Walking down stairs to the kitchen for breakfast I heard rustling. My guard is up immensely at the moment, I decided I couldn't run back upstairs and hide because I needed to face her. I strolled into the kitchen in which I couldn't see where she was so I grabbed a bowl and made myself so breakfast and sat at the island. Soon enough Elodie came out of the pantry and into the kitchen, almost pausing by accident when she saw me. We made eye contact for a split second until I looked away and down at my food. She looked for a second longer before walking out of the kitchen and away from me.

I got on with my day reading books and finishing any assignments I had. Clarissa, Anthony and everyone came back by time I had finished, Jessica came to my room to check up on me and to chat. "Hey, you should have come earlier it was so much fun, we played laser tag". I smiled. "That's great, I'm glad you had fun".
My sister grimaced. "What's wrong with you, is it Elodie? No point losing sleep over her". I just shook my head. "She's ignoring me anyways".
Jessica came and sat next to me. "That's because she's scared to let anybody in".
"And when did you become so wise?" I laughed. "When did you become so blind" she retorted and giggled. "Come on..help me decide what to wear tonight". I semi punched her shoulder. "Omg your going on a date?" She said really loudly just as Elodie walked past my room. I face palmed, why did I care so much what Elodie thought, she probably didn't even care about me.

Later that evening I arrived at the cinema with Annie, Luke and Dani. "Hey guys" I called. "Hey Megan". Dani shouted. "Lets go and get the tickets before the film starts. Dani wrapped an arm around me as that's what she would usually do out of school as a friendly gesture. I happily gave into it, as I was needing an intimate interaction of some sort more than usual. "Omg Megan don't turn around now, but guess who has just walked in". I inwardly cowered away not wanting to be seen as I felt vulnerable. The only thing I did was curl into Dani more and whispered into her ear. "Can you look and tell me who is here". Even though I could already guess. Dani looked very quickly and sighed. "Elodie just walked in..with that girl". I felt myself deflate, I just hoped she wasn't watching the same film. "uh oh, she's spotted us and is heading over here" Luke muttered. I stayed close to Dani as I felt safe in her arms.

"Oh hey Elodie how are you?" I heard Annie awkwardly say. "Great thanks, what are you here to see?". I didn't hear any more as me and Dani headed straight to the counter to get our tickets leaving them to talk for a minute or two. We turned around still with her arm around me, facing everybody. I finally had the guts to look at Elodie, she looked almost mad and disappointed. I didn't look for too long, I made conversation with Dani instead. "If this film is scary, I'm hiding behind you". I said louder than intended. "That's quite alright ya wus" I jokingly shoved Dani and walked into the theatre sitting in the middle. The back was always over rated. Half way through the movie I hid behind Dani because it was so scary, she wrapped an arm around me and I turned my face away to look behind, only to see Elodie glaring at me. What is her problem? I closed my eyes to break the contact before turning my head back once the scary part was over. I was most likely having nightmares tonight.
"Oh come on Megan it wasn't that bad" They all laughed at me as we walked out. "Ice queen alert" Annie muttered. There stood Elodie looking like she was waiting for us impatiently. "Mum said I have to bring you home" she spoke rather fast. I just nodded my head and said goodbye before following her to the car and climbing in. The air was thick with tension and awkwardness, so I decided to be awkward and break that. "You know it's really shitty that you have ignored me all week". Elodie glanced over my way, I couldn't decipher the look on her face. She just sighed. I gave up trying and was quiet the rest of the way home.

Arriving home I stormed away from the car slamming the door and into the house. "Hey how was the film?" Jessica and Chrissy asked. "Soooo scary" they both just giggled at me being overly dramatic. "What film did you watch Elodie?" They caught her off guard. "The same one" she spoke quietly. "But you said you was going to see that comedy?" Elodie's cheeks turned bright red. "Well my friend changed her mind". She said aggressively. Not much happened after that, everyone went to bed as usual. I was in the living room alone when Anthony and Clarissa came back from their night out. "Evening" I chirped. "evening Megan, what are you doing here? Im surprised you didn't go out? I know what you teenagers are like, I would have taken the chance at your age". I frowned. "Elodie said you told her to bring me back straight after the film". "No i nev..." Clarissa stopped halfway through like she had figured something out. They both looked at me with shock. "Yes, I must have forgotten that I asked her, anyways we are off the bed and you should be too dear". I stood up and we parted ways before falling into a deep slumber.

During the night I woke up screaming and crying. It had been a long time since I have had a night mare. I heard running and my door swung open. There stood Elodie in shorts and a vest top with a baseball bat, she quickly ran over to me. "Are you okay? What's happened?" She panicked. My breathing was heavy but I was managing to control it just about, which she could tell. The tears were still falling, it took me a while to process my thoughts. "I'm okay it was just a nightmare". Elodie's face fell, she strolled over almost like she had been in this room a thousand times. She sat on the side of the bed facing me. "It wasn't just a nightmare, you screamed, do you want to talk about it?". I just shook my head, I wasn't going to tell her everything when she had treated me awfully.

"I haven't had them in a while, it must have been the movie". The tears were slowing and I was regaining control. "Why did you go watch the film if you knew that was going to happen?". Thanks Elodie you really know how to comfort a girl.
"I didn't know for fxck sake, its been a long time". She could sense my growing pain and discomfort. "I'm sorry okay, look I'll leave you to it, as long as you are okay". She started to get up off the bed, I had to do something to stop her. So I grabbed her and pulled her back. "I don't care how much you hate me but your not leaving this room, I'm scared". I was scared to lose her again. But I wasn't going to tell her that, this was the most I had gotten out of her all week. I pulled her under the covers wrapping my legs around her, tangling us in the sheets. "I don't hate you" I heard her whisper. "You sure act like you do". I felt her breath hit the top of my head. "Hush go to sleep Megan, it's too late to be talking". Her melodic voice was enough to drown me in dreams over nightmares. In the safety of her arms, I felt safe.