It's tough

Enjoy, comments and ideas for anything are more than welcome :)

The next morning I woke to an empty bed. What did I expect? In a fantasy world she would have stayed and cuddled me until the late morning but this is reality. Reality is harsh.  I stayed in bed an hour longer than usual, just staring at the ceiling trying to wrap my mind around everything. It's Sunday today, which means back to school tomorrow, I need an outlet to escape to and this is it. I climbed out of bed against my will to go and make myself some breakfast. "Morning Megan" my sister chirped. "Morning Jess, how's your weekend been?" I started a conversation for once. "It's been great I was with my friends, we went bowling and to the mall". I grinned. "Megannnnn" Chrissy shouted and came running up to me and hugged me. We were a lot closer than at the beginning due to the fact Elodie was so distant from them. I feel obligated to make sure she is okay and act like an older sister because Elodie is the way she is. Everyone was relaxing in the living room watching films, we usually did this a lot together and it made us feel more like a family.

Chrissy grabbed my hand and led me to the living room to watch a film they were just putting on, there was popcorn, chocolate and drinks. I could never in a million years have imagined myself in this situation with an amazing opportunity like what the summertons have given us, it would always be in the back of my mind. "Sit next to Elodie so I can sit next to you". Chrissy smiled widely. I looked over to see Elodie sat on the 3 seater sofa they had and Clarissa and Anthony were on the two seater whilst the other 2 were on bean bags to get a closer view. I hesitated before feeling Chrissy push me towards Elodie, I was nervous to see if she would back away from me after this morning. I sat next to her leaving a bit of space in between us, close enough I could hear her breathing and smell her sweet scent. I saw her flinch slightly next to me but other than that she seemed okay with me being sat here, fingers crossed. Chrissy sat next to me still holding my hand which was sweet, I looked at her with admiration and was excitingly shocked that I was so welcome into her life and that she wanted me there. I turned my head slowly, hoping not to get caught trying to catch a glimpse of Elodie. However, she was already looking at me, most certainty looking at her sister and I hands. She quickly looked up to meet my eyes, knowing she had been caught she cheeks turned a light pink. The film started and we both looked away at the same time, I smiled to myself. This girl had a hold of me some how, this cold cold girl. I still held out hope for her, maybe one day she will stop being so scared and let me in. Half way through the film I leaned over her, I saw a flash of panic cross her face as she didn't know what I was doing. I grabbed the bowl of popcorn and put it in between us, slightly brushing my hand across her leg lightly, I decided to test boundaries and flirt with her slightly. Nothing was ever going to happen so I might as well try and have some fun with it. I looked over to Elodie and smiled. "you don't mind if I keep the popcorn here, we can share" I whispered. It was more of a statement than a question. "sure" she muttered. We both ate from the bowl, Elodie was being careful  not to put her hand in at the same time, even though it was dark. Being more relaxed I didn't take any notice and being invested in the film.

I put my hand into the bowl to grab some popcorn and felt a warm soft hand. Before I knew what I was doing, my fingers were interlaced on top of hers. I could tell she had frozen, it was quite empowering having this control over her, when she was always the one in charge some how. I didn't dare make the first move, I wanted to see what she would do. A few seconds later she pulled her hand away like I had expected she would, to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I frowned ever so slightly, you would only know If you knew me well, I could feel Elodie watching me from the side. "why are you watching me?" I whispered, keeping my voice low. "Am I not allowed to watch you?" Elodie coldly eye balled me, I couldn't read her face as per usual. I just sighed and carried on watching the film.

I couldn't concentrate as I could see Elodie's hand inching closer my way, is she doing what I think she is? My heart is beating out of my chest, goose bump's praised my skin and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. She took the popcorn bowl and put it on the side, I felt so stupid for thinking she was doing anything, the likelihood of her ever doing that was low. I am poor she is rich, we are from two completely different life styles it could never work this way, I expect her parents have already chosen a family for her to marry into. Unexpectedly, I felt a hand reach for mine, she was really doing this. I felt a euphoric feeling pass through me as I opened my hand up for her. Elodie placed her hand into mine and intertwined them. What did this mean? I looked over at her, once again meeting her eyes, so beautiful. I looked down to her lips, they look so inviting, I have never felt like this before. I looked back to her eyes, to see her looking at my lips as well, did this mean she wanted to kiss me too? I softly rubbed my thumb across her hand to let her know I had caught her in the act. She smirked before looking away. The credits were rolling indicating the film had finished, I knew this blissful state I was in was about to be broken as soon as the lights went on. It was around 9pm meaning we would all be going to bed as we had school in the morning, Elodie retracted her hand even before the lights went on, I guess it was the most appropriate thing to do. She got up and left the room leaving me here feeling hopeless. "come on everyone, it's time for bed you all have school tomorrow".