Glass houses

So I'm nearly two weeks into traveling South East Asia it's been great I've had some crazy experiences, I'm off to Thailand tomorrow for almost a month, but will still be keeping this updated...

"I don't like my mum putting you on the spot like that, it's not fair and it's invasive, she shouldn't just assume". I was confused. "So your not mad because I'm gay?". She laughed and my god was it melodic. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". She knew I was confused by what she had said. WAIT. Does that mean she likes girls too? Like the penny dropped I looked at her, but she was already looking at me. "You umm like girls too? Was that your girlfriend I saw you with at the party?" She didn't say anything, she blushed slightly and I felt like I had outstayed my welcome so I slowly got up and went to the roof. It was peaceful there and soothingly calmed me and poached me to sleep. I stayed in my room the whole of Sunday, Jessica came in and stayed with me for a bit, she didn't ask questions which I loved her for.

Monday soon came and we left for school with Clarissa as usual. I was happy to see Annie again. "Megan, I'm so sorry about Friday night are you okay now?" She hugged me tightly. Behind her not to far away stood Elodie staring at us, she was with that girl from the party, I just glared and looked away. "I'm okay thanks, all was fine in the end, water off a ducks back".
"That's great, come on let's get to class".

It was lunch time and we were all laughing together about things that had happened at the party. It turned out Luke was gay too and managed to get with the guy he had been chasing after for the past two years. I saw Alice and her clique walk in with her friends and immediately lowered my head trying to keep off their radar. Luckily she stayed away and went to sit with Chase I was glad. Elodie walked in not that long after with that girl and sat at the same table. I glared after them, I was very jealous and I couldn't believe the way I was acting. I always thought that people doing that were stupid and promised myself I would never be one of them but now look at me. "Stop glaring Megan, I guess things didn't go too well". I sighed. "You could say that". I frowned. Annie wrapped her arm around me. "Don't you worry I know how to make her want you". She had an evil smile on her face like she was up to something. She pulled me in closer to her with her arm firmly wrapped around me and lent in.

"Now I'm going to pretend I'm whispering something really hot in your ear and you are going to blush". I did as she said. "Now that we've got her attention, don't look but I want you to laugh like I said something really funny". Eh, it was worth a shot and I did what she asked I found it quite amusing. "And to finish this off seeing as she hasn't taken her eyes off us". She pecked me on the cheek and moved away. I saw Elodie get up and storm out of the cafeteria, surely that can't be because of what we just did. "Omg, what happened," I think I said that to myself but Annie and Dani answered anyways. "She's got it bad for you". I shook my head. "No, she's with that girl". And I pointed to the girl and they all burst out laughing. Did I miss a joke?
"You are so silly, that girl has had the same boyfriend for like 3 years now, she's just her only real friend here you could say". Wow I felt really stupid. "well she's probably got her eye on Annie or something, she's not interested in me". I refused to believe she could be, I mean I am a nobody.

The day went so quickly as did the week, it flew by. I had asked Clarissa and Anthony if it was okay for my friends to come round for a bit which they said was fine. We went and hung out in the games room together all day, which was fun, Jessica joined in too as did Chrissy and Mark. "Where's Elodie" Dani asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Why don't you go and ask her to join us?" Chrissy joined in. "I don't think she would want to, we aren't talking at the minute," I said honestly. They all looked at me like 'girl you better go and fix this'. Ugh. I got up from the chair. "Fine you guys win I'll be back in like 10 minutes, but I bet she won't come". I walked off and around the house, I still hadn't gotten used to how big it was I don't think I ever would. Never the less I could always find Elodie's room no matter what, it was plugged into my brain.

I knocked on the door but she ignored it as usual. I opened the door and put my hand over my mouth. Elodie was in nothing but her shorts and bra. She turned around looking alarmed until she saw it was me. "What do you want?" She spat. "I just erm wanted to see if you umm wanted to come and hang out with everyone?" I looked down at the floor, embarrassed of course she was going to say no. "I don't want to intrude with you and your girlfriend". I looked back up. She still hadn't changed, astonishingly breathtaking. "I don't have a girlfriend, please come, can we just call whatever is going on a truce, I'm sorry for the way I behaved too". She looked to be thinking. "Why did you think the girl at the party was my girlfriend" she stepped closer to me and I gulped. "I'm sorry, my friends already laughed at me for thinking that". "But why "she took another step closer. "I was jealous". I said bluntly, I needed her to know, this had gone on too long and her standing there like that wasn't helping much. I squirmed. "Why are you so nervous?" I took in a deep breath, the atmosphere was insanely tense. She could feel it. "I..i...iii yyy y you" I couldn't talk and she knew it, she loved the form I took and the power she had over me. She took another step looking me up and down. "who does my mum think you are taking the next step, I thought I was the only one who knew you liked girls" she was even closer now, I looked deep into her eyes. They possessed every form of me. "You are the only one". She tilted her head asking me to continue. It was so hard.

She knew I wasn't going to say it and I wondered what went on in inside her head. "Come on we don't want to keep your friends waiting". And just like that everything switched, she changed the subject and we went downstairs. I cursed myself for not telling her but I still couldn't figure out how she would react.

Everyone was surprised I managed to get her to come down they had even put bets on it. We put a scary film on and I sat next to Elodie almost touching. The film was 'the others" and I never did well with scary films. "Elodie I'm afraid to tell you your having Megan in bed tonight with her nightmares" everyone started laughing. "You think I'm joking". Jessica said again. I looked at her and cuddled into her hiding my face at the scary parts.

Towards the end I could have sworn I felt Elodie inhale my hair scent and kiss the top of my head, it made my heart warm, to say the least. The film ended and everyone went home so it was just the 5 of us left. "What shall we do?" Jessica asked. "I'm going to play video games," Mark said. "I'm just gonna go to the library" I replied and got up to leave. I felt bad leaving Elodie there but she could always follow me if she wanted too. I think I left her sat there like a lost puppy dog. I sat in the library for a few hours reading this and that, before I headed to bed.