Kiss me

Elodie looked panicked as she didn't know what I was about to do. I chickened out and leant up to kiss her on the cheek. She turned bright red looking really embarrassed. "What was that for?" She smiled at me. I looked for a minute or so before speaking again. "I know you think I'm dating Dani but I'm not". I smiled back. "You don't have to tell me that, it's none of my business". I frowned at her and pouted. "I know, but I wanted to straighten everything out with you". I was still hovering over her face as I had been speaking to her, propped up by my hands which were starting to ache. From almost being on top of her, I felt so in control of this situation, but I wasn't going to take advantage when I didn't even know if she liked me or not.

I leant back down and cuddled into her. "Please, can I ride to school with you from now on". I whispered into her ear as I couldn't see her face from cuddling. I heard her gulp which had me smirking. I could run my mouth against her neck if I wanted to right now, or even better bite her neck. These thoughts were piling into my head which I needed to stop before they got out of control. "Sure" Elodie softly said. "Thank you, I've missed being around you" I gently placed a kiss on her neck. It just came so naturally to me that I forgot what I was doing. Elodie seemed to be quite fidgety after that, she moved positions so we lay opposite each other again but we're almost nose to nose. Nothing else happened after that, I think we were both too exhausted and fell into a deep sleep. I just hoped whatever the morning held did not include crying because I have done enough of that.

Clarissa came to check on Elodie and Megan as she had not heard anything and was hoping neither of them had killed each other. Her and Anthony wondered up the stairs together on their way to bed to check on them, softly knocking on the door. They opened it up, with enough light both of them were shocked by the sight. Sure enough, there was Elodie and Megan entangled with each other fast asleep on the bed. "I told you Elodie liked her didn't I?" Clarissa was ecstatic. "I guess they are both good for each other, I've never seen her like this before". They were both so happy that their daughter was on the way to being herself again. Knowing this they shut the door and went to bed themselves.

The next day I woke up, I felt something or someone underneath me. Elodie. My arm was snaked around her waist with her arm underneath me, she was holding me protectively and I loved it. I leant up and watch her for a couple of minutes before I felt her stir and slowly open her eyes. Those beautiful blue ice eyes, they mesmerised me. "Good morning to you too" Elodie spoke sarcastically. "Morning" I cowered away. "Did you sleep okay?" She poked me to get me out of my imaginary shell. I smiled at her. "I've not slept like that in a long time" I blushed. "I'm glad to hear". It was kind of awkward neither of us knew what to do, I told her I was leaving to shower and get ready for school.

"You ready to go?" Elodie placed a hand on the small of my back, guiding me out to her car.  She led me around to the passenger's side and opened the door for me. "Thanks, Elodie" I grinned. She lent over me, which I wasn't expecting and grabbed my seatbelt strapping me in. We were both silent but it was a good silence and we respected that of each other. It was interesting, there was so much we could say to each other, I had come to accept that we are both broken, but I cannot push her on any of it and she feels the same way. I yearned to know what had happened to her, every little detail. My mind led me astray for so long that we had arrived at school. "See you after school then, we can meet here" I hadn't heard any of that. Elodie raised her eyebrow at me and waved in my face. "Megan" she quirked. I nodded my head piecing together what she had said to me. "That's fine by me, thanks for the lift". We both went out separate ways to our classes with our friends.

"Soooo, when did Elodie start taking you to school?". Annie winked and ruffled her eyebrows at me. I fake slapped her shoulder and rolled my eyes. "Just since today, it didn't make sense getting Mark to come here". Annie dismissed what I said, as the bell was about to go. "We can't make lunch today Megan! Luke and I got detention because of English". I just laughed at them. "That's okay I have work to do in the library anyways if you want to come too Dani, don't forget to let me know the details for Friday night" we waved bye before going.

Lunchtime arrived and I knew I was on my own so headed to the library to find a quiet seat. I noticed Elodie was across from me, what was she doing here? She looked up and held eye contact smiling, it always seemed to feel like we were strangers and friends at the same time, I almost thought she was going to come and sit with me until Dani walked in, she strolled over giving me a hug.

I looked back over to Elodie who was now not looking at me, her knuckles were white. "Hey Megan, how were your classes?" She smiled. "The same as always, can you help me with my math homework pleaseeee?". Dani leant forward and closer to me to have a look, in which she continued to explain the equations I was doing. 15 minutes later and she got excited because I was getting it right. "There you go, you're so good at this" she hugged me again and put her arm around me just as we spoke casually. "Thank you so much, Dani". I leant over and kissed her cheek, which I probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't for Elodie being near. "Your girl doesn't like that, she looks like she wants to kill me". I laughed hard because it was probably true and Dani definitely didn't want to be involved, besides she's straight. "Well, maybe she should come over here and claim me". I didn't mean to say that last part it just slipped out. "Too much information Megan". "I'll see you later Dani, thanks for helping me". I walked past Elodie's chair as I called to Dani, just to make sure she could hear. I felt a hand grab my wrist, smirking as I knew who it was. I turned around looking at Elodie waiting patiently for her to say something. "Uhhh may I walk you to your next class?" I wasn't expecting that at all out of everything she could have said. "Sure". She grabbed her bag quickly and walked with me. "What are you doing this weekend?" Elodie looked at me intensely. "I'm going out Friday night, but that's it how about you?". She hummed at my response, I could tell she wanted to ask more but refrained from intruding. "I don't think I have anything planned". I was feeling upbeat next because I stupidly said. "Do you want to come out Friday night with us? It will be fun?". Elodie looked conflicted in her decision. "Uhhh I don't know". "Come on I won't leave you" I pleaded with her. "Okay but you better not". I hoped my friends would be okay with it too. "Do you have a fake I.d?" I asked with a cheeky grin.

She raised her eyebrow at me as if to say what are you up to. "Of course, but if mum finds out she will go mad, where are you planning on going?". I smiled at Elodie before checking her out subtly. "Clarissa said I'm allowed to go and you coming will make her even happier". I pouted at her. "Oh I see, take Elodie with you because then mum will say yes". She rolled her eyes at me. I discreetly placed my hand on her back, I felt the electricity between us and I knew she felt it too. "Actually, I wanted you to come whether we were going out or not". Elodie smiled to herself, making her happy made me happy.