Day by day

It came to the end of the day, I walked out with my friends to the car park to be met by Elodie. She was radiant and glowing whilst stood waiting for me, I grinned forgetting about the world around me and stood watching her from a distance. "wakey wakey Megan, you are making it really obvious" Annie laughed. "I can almost see the drool touching the pavement from here" I nudged Dani after she said that and almost tripped her up. We all were in fits of hysterical laughter, it was great that we all got on, kind of like I was meant to meet them all. "See you guys tomorrow" I hugged them both lovingly. "try not to make your love fest obvious, see you tomorrow" Annie shoved me. I gave her a sarcastic scowl. "Yeah, get your coat you pulled Megs" Dani let out a howl and I stuck my finger up to them. "be careful you'll need to save that finger for later" Dani winked at me and walked off. Savage. I narrowed my eyes and turned around looking for the beauty that is Elodie. She was stood waiting by the car still watching how everything unfolded. I walked over to her hoping I would not fall because that would be very embarrassing. "Hey babe" she embraced me in a hug and a kiss on the forehead, as ever she smelt amazing and I was most definitely holding on for too long. She pulled back to look me in the eyes, soothing rubbing my back, before letting out the cutest giggle I think my ears have ever heard. "is someone a bit needy today?" she laughed. I whined and nodded my head. "I've missed you" I groaned quietly. "come on you lets go home". I jumped into the passenger side of the car and turned the radio on. Khalid - Better than this came on, we both looked at each other in a trance before she started the car up and sped out of the car park.

Pulling up to the driveway I saw flashing lights and was shocked to see the police outside the house. "What's going on?" I was worried something had happened. Elodie looked just as alarmed as I was. "Come on let's go and find out". I took Elodie's hand and she protectively walked in front of me. Thoughts were racing through my mind as to what could be going on, we walked into the house to be met by police officers. Clarissa and Anthony were in tears and very agitated. "You can't do this, we have the documents, it's against the law", Anthony shouted, his face was red. "Actually we can Sir it's been overturned by the judge". A brown haired tall police officer said. "We were never invited to a court hearing that's not how it works". Clarissa argued her side not seeming to get anywhere. My heart stopped, I figured it all out as soon as I saw Greg and my sister walk out of the living room towards us. "Look Ma'am we are not going to stand here and argue all day, this is the law and I am simply following it, you can always make an appeal". Tears flooded my eyes. "No you aren't taking her anywhere" I screamed. "Actually I have the papers little one, your sister is coming with me, it's up to you if you stay or go". I didn't even look at Elodie at this point I had to switch my feelings off because it was going to hurt her. I would always pick my sister especially when she was in danger. Jessica stood crying wondering if I would just leave her or not, like an injured puppy. "Give me 5 minutes" was all I said before I proceeded upstairs to my room. He knew I was not going to stay as long as my sister was there. Elodie was hot on my trail. "What are you doing? You can't go" I didn't even glance at her, be like a robot Megan she will go away I told myself. It was better this way. "Why are you ignoring me, we were fine 10 minutes ago talk to me, you can't just leave". She grabbed me and spun me around to make me talk to her. "10 minutes ago my sister wasn't leaving this house with a man I hate". I grabbed my clothes and put them in a rucksack not caring for everything else that I had been bought, I wouldn't need it where I was going. "What about us? Do I not mean anything to you, you have a better chance of getting your sister back if you stay here, we can fight for her". Elodie was desperate and I had to push any guilty feelings away to be able to do this. "What about us? There is no us, it was a fling and now I'm leaving, you don't know Greg, there will be no fighting for her because we won't be able to find her". Elodie looked taken back by what I had just said. I carried on packing ignoring her prescience in the room but before I knew it she had made her way across the room and pinned me back against the wall. My hands were up high and I had nowhere to go. She leaned in closer, her breath hit my face and i tried not to be allured in my her scent and everything she was. "This was a fling to you? You mean to tell me that I don't mean anything to you?" She questioned gripping me tighter. I squirmed as it started to hurt being restrained. Shaking my head, "whatever we had is over and I'm leaving".

"Tell me I don't mean anything to you and I'll let you go" her eyes welled up and she was starting to shake. I stayed silent not knowing what to do. "TELL ME GODDAMIT" she let go of my hands and punched a hole in the wall next to me. I could tell she wanted a reaction this whole time but I couldn't give it to her. I felt so bad for instigating this breakdown she was beginning to have as she did not deserve it but these next words were going to ruin her and I could never one day take them back. Once the best thing I ever had was soon to be the worst thing I ever lost. I felt my wrists making sure they were okay and looked up observing Elodie, she was a mess. "You don't mean anything to me" I held my breath.