Derelict

Elodie pov

I approached the young guy he can't have been more than a few years older than me with dark brown mousy hair and an unkept appearance about him. "Hey, sorry to bother you I just have a question," I said quietly as I approached him not wanting to scare him off. He turned around to look at me, stopping what he was doing. "Sure, what's up? It's a little late for you to be wandering around here by yourself, you could run into trouble". He replied. I ignored his suggestion because the only thing I cared about right now was finding Megan. He lightly smiled at me whilst I began to explain that someone very dear to me was missing and connected to an individual that was dangerous. "Do you have any pictures, I might have seen them about?" he questioned, being as helpful as possible. With a glint of hopefulness shimmering in my eyes, I proceeded to take out the pictures I had of Megan and her sister as well as the one of Greg. As soon as his eyes landed on the picture of Greg he gasped and threw it back at me. "oww, what's going on?" I squealed as he grabbed me quickly and hushed me to be quiet. I followed him around the corner out of sight from prying eyes, where he looked at me with terror in his eyes, this made me very wary of the predicament I was in, but that was not going to stop me. "put that picture away before you get us both caught up in something terrible". His demeanor started to panic me as he was looking around the place becoming very paranoid, I put the pictures away hurriedly shoving them into my bag. "I take it you know who he is and I'm not leaving until I find out where he is, I need answers". I placed a hand on my hip and tried to intimidate him into telling me which usually I was an expert at, this wasn't going to be any different as I gave him the most killing of looks.

The guy thought for a minute about what to say back to me, "yes I know him, he can be quite dangerous because of who he is associated with". I urged him to carry on. "Just spit it out, I haven't got all day, he could be God knows where by now and the police are doing fuck all". I was desperate. "Alright, calm down, but you can never bring me into this if I tell you?", he held his hands up in defense and I just nodded in agreement. "Okay, Greg is associated with a gang who run most of the sex slave industry in this city and a couple of other places. I must admit I haven't seen the two girls that you mentioned, but if we go by his rep he's probably sold them by now". My blood was boiling, I can't say that I have ever been this furious in my life and how could this have happened. "Let me just process this, the two girls I am looking for are his foster kids" I was agitated and ready to blow. He looked in thought for a second, sending my impending anger and his doom if he stepped out of line. "Oh, he was one angry storm of a man when they escaped, he must be keeping it on the down low..." I interrupted him. "Is he still in the city or not? I'm running out of time". I glanced around checking I was still safe. He brushed his hand through his hair and lent against the wall. "As far as I know he never left the city, the gang has a few houses they could have gone to on the east side". I smiled knowingly, before starting to walk away. "How do you know this info" I asked as I walked backwards slowly. "I know people, good luck" he called to me before I was out of reach. Nodding my head and getting in my car, I knew exactly where they were if it was the east side. Hidden in plain sight.

Megan pov
A hazy day for a hazy girl. My eyes could barely open as I lay on the floor, who knows how long I had been out, in the distance I could hear a name calling me. Could it be Elodie? Was she here? Someone was shaking me, trying to wake me out of this slumber, I felt paralysed but I knew I had to be strong for my sister so that she could never be the one to have pain inflicted upon her. "Megan wake up, please" my sister cried as she shook me. The calls back to earth came pummelling down so heavily that my eyes fluttered open and I found the strength to be there with her. "Oh thank god, are you okay?" She looked at me with worry like I had never seen before. "Where is he?" I muttered barely. Shaking her head she replied, "he's gone out don't worry". I relaxed a little into her arms, hoping that was the last of it for now.

Elodie pov
After having driven to the other side of town as fast as I could possibly go and most likely catching all the speeding fines along the way, I arrived at the derelict east side of town. Notorious for its drug mules and sex trafficking rink. I knew that there was a famous road that she must have been on, it was the only place that she could be, the problem was I didn't know how I could fight all of the guys off if it came down to it. I maybe good in a scrap but these guys are full blown men who could pummel me. The only way was to outsmart them. Turning on the road I knew I could only drive down it once to avoid suspicion, this meant that I had to find Greg's car along the way before I got to the end.