Chapter 2

8:15 AM

I awaken to the sound of the alarm clock going off. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up, reach over to the nightstand with my left hand, and turn the alarm clock off.

"Liv...Liv baby. It's time to wake up." I mumble.

"Mmmm already awake." Liv mumbles.

"Ok. I'm going to get dressed and start on breakfast." I mumble.

"Would you like some clean clothes to wear?" Liv asks me.

"Sure." I say.

"Ok." Liv says. Liv gets out of bed and walks over to her walk in closet. She walks into the closet. A few seconds later...

"I don't think I own any men's underwear, so you're gonna have to...oh never mind. I found a pair of men's underwear for you to wear. Weird, I wonder why I have a pair of boxer briefs in my underwear drawer." Liv says as she exits the walk in closet and walks over to the bed.

"Maybe an ex-girlfriend left them here or something." I say.

"Yeah, maybe. Anyways, here are some clothes for you. I'm going to shower and get dressed." Liv says.

"Ok." I say.

A Few Minutes Later...8:45 AM

It smells good in here. What did you make?" Liv asks me as she walks into the kitchen.

"I made sausage, egg, and cheese bagels, and coffee." I say as I hand Liv a cup of coffee and a bagel.

"Mmmmm, thanks baby." Liv says as she gives me a kiss.

"You're welcome." I say. After Liv and I finish our breakfast, we do the dishes, exit the apartment, and head down to the parking garage, and climb into Liv's unmarked police car.

"What time is it?" Liv asks me.

"It is...9:15." I say. Ring! Ring! Ring! I take my phone out of the holder on my hip, slide the slider to the right, and put the phone to my ear.

"Rollins." I say.

"Amanda, it's Cragen. Christina's lawyer just showed up. Since the both of you were the arresting officers, I need the both of you here right away to talk to Christina, ok?" Cragen asks me.

"Ok Captain. We're on our way now." I say.

"Ok. Bye." Cragen says.

"Bye." I say as I hang up the phone and put it into the holder on my hip.

"How's the elbow?" Liv asks me.

"It hurts. After we talk to our suspect, I'm going to go down to the morgue, and have Mel change the bandage." I say.

"Good idea." Liv says.

A Few Hours Later...12:15 PM

It took us a little over two hours; but we finally got Christina to confess to the rape and assault of Ashley. At first, she claimed that the sex was consensual; but after showing her pictures of Ashley's battered face, Christina confessed to raping and assaulting Ashley. She didn't tell us why she did it though; but at least she confessed.

"Nice job ladies." Cragen says.

"Thank you sir. I'm going to go down to the morgue and talk to Mel about changing the bandage on my elbow. I'll be back in a few minutes, ok sir?" I ask Cragen.

"Ok. After your done in the morgue, do your DD5 and then go home. You're on call until midnight tonight, ok?" Cragen asks me.

"Ok. Thank you sir for letting me go home." I say.