Chapter 33

05/28/2022 9:35 AM Angel P.O.V.

Erik Nicholson, Dan Pettit, and Aaron Danielson surround me outside of the girls bathroom. Erik punches me in the nose and I hit the ground. Dan Pettit kicks me in the ribs and I let out a groan. Aaron kicks me in the nuts and I let out a groan and roll onto my stomach. All three of them start stomping on me. Make it stop. Please god...make it stop. I'm in so much pain. A couple of minutes later, Mrs. Ackerman, Mr. Anderson, and Mr. Storm push Erik, Dan and Aaron off of me. I roll onto my back and look up at my saviors.

"Someone call 911!" Mr. Anderson yells. My hole body hurts. I think my nose is broken. A few minutes later...I black out from the pain.

9:45 AM Normal P.O.V.

Ring! Ring! Ring! I take my phone out of the holder on my hip, slide the slider to the right, and put the phone to my ear.

"Rollins-Benson."

"Rollins-Benson...this is Principal Orton...your daughter Angel was attacked a few minutes ago. Medics took her to Queens Hospital Center."

"O...ok thanks." I hang up my phone and put it into the holder on my hip. I stand up and make my way into Liv's office.

"Liv...baby...Principal Orton just called. Angel was attacked a few minutes ago. Medics took her to Queens Hospital Center."

"Oh god...ok...um...let's go to the hospital. Fin can hold down the fort while we're at the hospital." Liv stands up and makes her way over to me. She wraps her arms around me and whispers...

"She's going to be ok. She's a fighter." Into my ear.

"You're...you're right." I mumble. Liv and I exit her office and make our way over to Fin.

"You're in charge Fin...our baby-girl Angel was just attacked at school."

"Oh god...I hope she's ok. Go...be with her." Fin says.

A Few Minutes Later...10:21 AM

Liv and I make our way over to the front desk of the E.R.

"Hello...my name is Amanda Rollins-Benson and this is my wife Olivia Benson-Rollins. We're here for Angelica Benson-Rollins."

"Follow me please." Nurse Jackie says. Liv and I follow her to a small exam room. She opens the door and the three of us step into the room and walk over to Angel's bed.

"Hey...hey baby-girl. How are you doing?" Liv asks Angel.

"My...my ribs, nose, and nuts hurt."

"What...are your ribs and nose broken?" I ask Angel.

"My ribs are bruised and my nose is broken."

"When...when can she go home?" I ask Nurse Jackie.

"Now...Dr. Rollins cleared her a few minutes ago."

"Ok...thanks." I mumble. After signing the release papers, the three of us make our way out of the hospital.

A Few Minutes Later...10:45 AM

Liv, Angel and I make our way to Principal Orton's office. I knock on the door.

"Come in!" Orton yells. I open the door and the three of us step into his office. I slam the door and glare at Principal Orton.

"How dare you let this happen to our daughter!" I yell.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Rollins-Benson. I expelled the boys responsible for hurting your daughter, and the cops arrested them for assault."

"We're going to sue the school and school district for neglect. You neglected to take care of our daughter!" I yell.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Rollins-Benson. Please don't sue us."

A Few Days Later...06/21/2022 9:00 AM

The last few days have been tough on us.

"I award in favor of the plaintiff's in the amount of ten million dollars. I'm sorry your daughter got hurt."

"Thank you your honor." I say.

A Few Days Later...06/29/2022 12:00 PM

"The check came today." I say to Liv.

"Good...let's head to the bank and deposit it." Liv suggests.

"Ok." Liv, Olivia, Angel, John, James and I hop in the car and head to the bank. Once at the bank, we get out of the car and head inside. After I fill out a deposit slip, I sign the back of the check, and the six of us walk up to the counter.

"Hello...how may I help you?" Stephen asks me.

"I would like to deposit this check please." I say as I hand Stephen the check.

"Wow...that's a lot of money."

"Yeah...we won a lawsuit."

"I see...ok...let me just deposit this check for you." A few minutes later, he hands me a receipt and the six of us exit the bank and make our way to our car.

A Month Later...07/29/2022 1:00 PM

A week after depositing the check, Liv and I bought a five bedroom, four bath house in Queens. We moved into the house a week ago. The house cost us a little over 600,000 dollars.

Life couldn't be better. I have a loving wife, beautiful kids, and an amazing life.

THE END!!!