Chapter 30

04/25/2022 2:09 AM

I awaken to the feeling of nausea. I get out of bed and make my way into the bathroom. I drop to my knees in front of the toilet, and start emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. This is the eighth time I've thrown up since I started taking Carboplatin. A few seconds later, Liv walks into the bathroom, drops to her knees next to me and starts rubbing my back.

"I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired." I mumble. After I'm done throwing up, I stand up, and make my way over to the sink. I grab my tooth brush, squirt some toothpaste onto it, and start brushing my teeth.

"I don't think you should go to work today." Liv says.

"I agree." I mumble.

"Let's go back to bed." Liv suggests.

"Ok." Liv and I exit the bathroom and make our way over to our bed. Tears are pouring down my face. I climb into bed and lie down. Liv lays down next to me and spoons me from behind.

"It's ok baby. Every-thing's gonna be ok. I love you." Liv mumbles.

"I don't want to die." I say.

"You're not going to die baby. The Carboplatin is going to kill all of the Cancer cells. You're going to be ok." Liv mumbles. I hope she's right.

"I hope you're right." I mumble.

"I know I'm right. Now go to sleep baby-girl."

"Ok." I mumble. A few minutes later, I fall asleep.