Chapter 12

A Few Minutes Later...7:00 AM

"Good morning ladies. Nice to see you back at work Amanda." Fin says.

"It's nice to be back. I missed you guys."

"Fin, Amaro...I need the two of you to head to 10843 West 34th Street. A woman was found raped and beaten to death behind Female Explosion. Liv, Munch...I need the two of you to head to the victim's apartment. She lives at 10841 West 32nd Street. Apartment 343. Amanda, I need you to do paperwork until they get back. When they get back, you can help them with whatever they may need help with, ok?" Cragen says.

"Ok. I hate being on desk duty." Thank god Captain Cragen didn't pair up Nick and Liv. I would have had a shit hemorrhage if he did that.

"I know you do. Let's get a move on people. Remember to keep me updated."

"Yes sir." Amaro, Fin, Liv and Munch say in unison. Fin, Munch, Amaro and Liv leave. I grab the first piece of paperwork and start working on it. Cough! Cough! Cough! Hack! Hack! Hack! Wheeze! I forgot to take my pill this morning.

"Are you ok Amanda?" I shake my head no.

"Maybe you should go home and rest for a couple more days. Officer Nicholas! Can you escort Detective Rollins home please!"

"Yes sir."

"Take care of yourself Amanda. Come back to work when you're ready, ok?"

"Yes...cough! Cough!...sir."

A Few Minutes Later...7:25 AM

Once I am safely inside of Liv's apartment, officer Nicholas leaves. I make my way into Liv's bedroom. After taking my gun, cuffs, cell phone, and badge off of my belt, I strip down to my boxer briefs and bra and lie down on the bed. I grab my cell phone off of the nightstand, slide the slider to the right, press on the contacts icon, scroll down to fiancée of mine, press on the name and then on the number, and put the phone to my ear. Ring! Ring! Ring!

"Benson."

"Liv...it's me. Captain Cragen sent me home. He...he told me to come back when I'm ready."

"Oh baby...I knew it was to early for you to go back to work. I was going to say something this morning; but you distracted me by...you know."

"I...I know. God Liv. My head is pounding, my chest hurts from coughing, and I think I have a fever."

"Did you take your pill this morning?"

"No." I mumble.

"Amanda!"

"I...I know Liv, I know. I'm going to take it now and I'm also going to take some ibuprofen. I'll see you when you get home later. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

"Bye." Click! I think Liv's mad at me. I hate it when Liv's mad at me. I hope she's calmed down a bit when she gets home later. I get out of bed and make my way into the bathroom. I quickly take a leak, wash my hands, grab my antibiotic and some ibuprofen out of the medicine cabinet, take the four small pills, exit the bathroom and walk back over to the bed. I lie down in the middle of the bed and pull the covers over myself. A few minutes later, I drift to sleep.

A Few Hours Later...11:39 AM

I awaken to the sound of the bedroom door being thrown open. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up.

"Liv? What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on you. How are you feeling?"

"Tired...other than that, I feel ok. My throat doesn't hurt anymore, and my head isn't pounding anymore."

"That's good. Do you want me to get you some soup and home made bread?"

"No thanks. I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep."

"Ok. I'll be home at six or so, ok?"

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you too." Liv says as she leaves the room. A couple of minutes later...I fall back asleep.

A Few Hours Later...6:07 PM

I awaken to the sound of the bedroom door being thrown open. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up in bed and glare at the intruder.

"Do you have to be so loud?"

"Sorry." I lie back down and roll onto my left side.

"I brought you some soup, bread and ginger ale."

"Soup?"

"Yes...soup."

"I sowry I snapped at you."

"It's ok baby-girl. I forgive you. Do you need help sitting up?" I shake my head no. I quickly sit up and position myself against the headboard of Liv's bed. Liv walks over to the bed and sets the tray of food on my lap.

"Hot." I mumble.

"Sorry." Lit sits down next to me, grabs the tray off of my lap and sets it down on her lap.

"Ready?" I shake my head yes. Liv grabs the spoon and dips it into the soup bowl. She brings the spoon to her lips and blows on the bite of soup. She brings the spoon to my mouth and I take the bite of soup, chew on it for a few seconds, and then swallow it.

"Yummy." I mumble.

"I love you Amanda. A lot. I'm so worried about you."

"I love you too Liv. A lot. I'm worried about me too."

"Do you want to go back to sleep after you finish eating?"

"Yes." I mumble.

"Ok."

A Few Minutes Later...6:20 PM

I just got done eating. I lie back down and quickly fall asleep. I wake up again when Liv returns to the bedroom a few minutes later.

"Livy." I mumble.

"Yes?"

"Have you guys solved your case yet?"

"Yes. We caught the victims boyfriend on film. He raped her in the alley and then he beat her to death."

"I'm glad you guys caught him."

"Me too." Liv mumbles.

"I'm going to go back to sleep. Good night. Love you."

"Good night. Love you too."