Chapter 23

A Few Hours Later...6:00 AM

I awaken to the sound of ringing. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I sit up in bed, reach over to the nightstand, pick up my phone, slide the slider to the right, and put the phone to my ear.

"Rollins-Benson." I mumble.

"Hey Amanda, it's Cragen. I need you to head to Bellevue and talk to our victim. Her name is Erin Danielson. She was raped and beaten by her ex-girlfriend."

"I'll be there in 30." I say.

"Ok...bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and put it down on the nightstand.

"Work?" Liv mumbles.

"Work. I'm gonna take a quick shower...care to join me?"

"I don't have to be at work until 8:00, so I'm going to go back to sleep for an hour, ok?"

"Ok. I'll see you at work. Bye baby." I say as I give Liv a kiss on the lips. I get out of bed and head into the bathroom. I take off my clothes, put them into the clothes hamper, and walk over to the shower. I turn the water on, and once it's hot enough, I step into the shower and start cleaning off. A few minutes later...I am done showering. I turn the water off, get out of the shower, grab a towel, wrap it around myself, exit the bathroom and make my way into our walk in closet. I get dressed, exit the closet, and make my way over to the nightstand. I grab my gun and cuffs out of the drawer, attach them to my belt, grab my badge off of the nightstand, attach it to my belt, give Liv a kiss on the forehead and exit the bedroom. I make my way to the front door of our apartment. I grab the car keys out of the bowl on the table, exit the apartment, lock the door, and make my way to the elevator. I press the button for the elevator. Once it arrives at my floor, I get on the elevator and hit the button for the parking garage. A few seconds later...the door opens. I get off of the elevator and make my way over to my truck. I get into my truck, buckle my seatbelt, start the truck, back out of the parking spot, and start driving in the direction of Bellevue.

A Few Minutes Later...6:35 AM

I park my truck in front of the hospital. I get out of my truck and make my way over to Jane. The two of us head inside of the hospital.

"Hello Amanda...hello Jane. You must be here for the rape victim that was just brought in. She's currently in surgery. I'm sure you can talk to her once she's out of surgery."

"Surgery? How bad are her injuries?"

"Bad. Her ex-girlfriend really did a number on her. Broken nose, broken arm, broken orbital bone, anal trauma...I'm surprised she's still alive." Stephanie says.

"My god. Ok...call us when she gets out of surgery."

"I will...bye Detectives." Stephanie says. Jane and I make our way out of the emergency room. I take my phone out of the holder on my hip, slide the slider to the right, and press on the phone icon. I scroll down to Cragen, press on his name and then on his number, and put my phone to my ear.

"Cragen."

"Cragen, it's Amanda. Our victim is currently in surgery. What do you want us to do?" I ask Cragen.

"Come back to the station. Fin and Munch are currently talking to our victim's ex-girlfriend."

A Few Minutes Later...7:05 AM

"Why don't you guys take a crack at her?" Cragen asks Jane and I.

"Ok." Jane and I say in unison. I knock on the window. Fin and Munch stand up and make there way out of the room.

"It's our turn now." I say to Fin.

"Have at it." Fin says. Jane and I enter the room and walk over to the table.

"Hello Anne. How are you doing?" I ask Anne.

"I'm doing well. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well. Can I get you anything to drink? Water? Soda? Coffee?"

"No thanks. I'm sorry I didn't talk to the other Detectives. I don't really trust men, that's why I didn't talk to them." Anne says.

"Let's talk about what happened to your ex-girlfriend." I say.

"Ok...I went over to her apartment...to beg her to take me back. When she wouldn't take me back, I shoved my way into her apartment, grabbed her by the shirt, and threw her onto the couch. I ripped off all of her clothes and I raped her in the ass. She deserved what she got." Anne says.

"What did you use to rape her?" I ask Anne.

"I used my penis. I was born inter-sex." Anne says.

"Why did you do it?"

"Because the bitch wouldn't take me back."

"Ok. I'm going to need you to write down everything you just told me, ok?"

"Ok." Anne says. Jane and I leave the room.

"What do you think we should do Ms. Novak?" I ask Casey.

"Arrest her for rape and attempted murder." Casey says.

"Ok." I say. A few minutes later, Anne is finished writing down her statement. Jane and I enter the room and walk over to the table.

"Stand up." I say. Anne stands up.

"Anne Anderson, you're under arrest for the rape and attempted murder of Erin Danielson. You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford one, one will be appointed to you at the time of questioning. Do you understand your rights ma'am?" Anne shakes her head yes. I put her hands behind her back and slap a pair of cuffs on her. Jane and I lead her out of the interrogation room and to a holding cell. We place her in a holding cell and Jane takes the cuffs off of her.

"Amanda...Jane...type up your reports and go home. Technically you're not supposed to be here. You guys are both on call until midnight tonight."

"What about Liv?"

"Liv unfortunately has to work until four tonight."

"Ok." I mumble. Jane and I head to our desks. I sit down at my desk, turn on my computer, and start working.