Chapter 24

Two Months Later...2/1/14 6:09 AM

Liv is eight months pregnant and as beautiful as ever. She's glowing...literally. Alysse, (Liv's Doctor.) put her on bed rest. Alex Cabot, who is pregnant with Casey Novak's baby, is currently taking care of Liv when I'm at work. The only bad thing about being eight months pregnant, is that she doesn't want to have sex, so I have to take care of myself when I get the urge to have sex.

I awaken to the sound of ringing. After wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I reach over to the nightstand, grab my phone, slide the slider to the right and put the phone to my ear.

"Rollins-Benson."

"Rollins-Benson, it's Cragen. I need you to head to Hudson University. Another woman was raped at a Sorority party."

"Which Sorority?"

"Kappa Pi."

"Ok. I'll head there after I'm done getting dressed."

"Ok." Click!

I hang up the phone and set it down on the nightstand. After giving Liv a kiss on the cheek, I get out of bed and make my way into our walk in closet.

"What should I wear?" I ask myself. I quickly grab a pair of dress pants, a dress shirt, and dress shoes, and exit the closet. I get dressed, walk over to the nightstand, grab my cell phone, wallet, gun, cuffs and badge, and after putting my gun, badge, cuffs and cell phone into the holders on my belt, I put my wallet into my pocket, exit the bedroom, and make my way into the kitchen.

"Amanda!" I jump a little, take the gun out of the holder on my hip, turn around, and point it at Alex.

"Shit...Jesus Christ Alex. You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's ok." I mumble.

"Would you like me to make you and Liv breakfast?"

"Uh...no thanks. I have to go to work. Another woman was raped at a Sorority party at Hudson University."

"Oh...ok. I'll watch Liv while you're gone. If you need anything, and I mean anything, call me, ok?"

"Ok. I'm going to grab a bagel and a bottle of orange juice and get going." I say.

"Ok." Alex mumbles. After toasting a bagel, I put cream cheese on it, grab a bottle of orange juice, grab the keys for Liv's car, exit the apartment and make my way to the elevator.

A Few Minutes Later...6:40 AM

I just arrived at Kappa Pi. After parking Liv's car, I get out of the car and make my way into Kappa Pi.

"Good morning Amanda."

"Good morning Jane. What do we've got?"

"19 year old woman...found raped and murdered. Dr. Nicholas says she was strangled and then beaten to death." Jane says.

"Ok...look at this here...does that look like blood to you?" I ask Jane. I point to a small speck of blood on the ground. She walks over to me and looks down.

"That does look like blood. Maybe our victim got a piece of our attacker."

"Alyssa...can you take a sample of this and send it to the lab please?" I ask one of the CSU members.

"Sure Detective." Alyssa takes a sample of the blood. Jane and I walk over to the body.

"Good morning Dr. Nicholas. What do we've got?"

"19 year old woman...found raped, strangled, and beaten. Hard to tell if she was beaten before or after she passed away. I'll let you know more after I'm done with the autopsy, ok?"