Kiss Me

Inspo: Kiss Me By Ed Sheeran

I was sitting in a chair playing with the name tag that had my name on it telling me where my seat was. I looked around the table at the group of people that I didn't know. It was the single's table. That table full of rejects who didn't add a plus one to their rsvp which meant that they were coming without a date. No doubt I was honored to even be invited to Gucci and Keisha's wedding but the fact that whoever plans this put me at the table with the awkward aged kids who are too old for the kids' table but too young to have dates and be treated like adults is really insulting.

I got up, grabbed my purse and walked out. I was going to leave but as soon as I walked outside a familiar smell hit my nose and caught my attention. Somebody was smoking and I needed to find out who it was. I followed the smell around the side of the building and over to small patio where I found someone sitting alone at an umbrella-covered table.

I couldn't see who it was upon first spotting them but once I got closer I was greeted by a familiar friend. "so you snuck out here to smoke alone?" I sat down at the table moving my chair closer to him as I did so.

He looked down into his lap with a shy grin as he switched the hand he was holding the blunt in. He took a hit then held it out to me. I took it into my hand and took a long hit before relaxing into the chair I was sitting in. This is what I needed.

"Why you sitting out here?" I asked him.

"waiting for a car." He said.

"you leaving?" I asked sounding way too surprised for someone who was trying to do the same thing. He stood from the chair and revealed a giant red stain the ran down his pant leg. Probably not the best idea to have red wine at a wedding the required all white dress but that's not my decision to make.

"my goofy ass uncle dropped this shit on my pants." He said looking down at himself. "I cant stay here like this so I got no choice."

"sucks," I replied handing the blunt back to him.

"so you gonna sit here and act like you wasn't trying to leave without anybody noticing?" He asked me.

"well I made it through everything except for the cake cutting so I'm not going to miss much," I replied. I watched him take a hit as he sat down in his chair.

"suck," he mocked me. "you gonna leave before the party gets good."

"and you're gonna miss it because it looks like you got your period." I said. "you're like a teenage girl's worst nightmare."

"I'm a girl's worst nightmare even without the stain." He said.

I couldn't help but laugh. Take had the best personality, he was funny, nice, and he had this way of naturally flirting in any conversation no matter what the situation. "you think that's funny?"

"why you leaving?" He asked.

"I'm just not in the party mood." I lied. I was leaving because my lame ass didn't have a date and I was stuck sitting at a table full high schoolers.

He was about to open his mouth to speak but a familiar tune filled the air. I literally love this son because it was included in one of my favorite episodes and grey's anatomy. Ed Sheeran's calm melody wafted through the air like a lullaby and I could contain my childish excitement.

"oh my god this is one of my all-time favorite songs," I said looking back toward the doors of the venue halfway contemplating returning to enjoy it, but that was quickly sacked by the realization that I had no date. Returning inside would be pointless because I would just end up sitting back in that same seat watching the couples dance on the dance floor.

I was thinking all of this and didn't say anything out loud but I guess the look on my face spoke for me. Takeoff rose from his chair again securing the blunt between his lips before offering me his hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"we're both leaving, we might as well enjoy a dance before we leave." He said.

I stood up and placed my clutch on the table before taking his hand. He led me over to the clearing in the middle of the patio and we started to dance. I never took him as I dancer because the only thing that I've ever seen him do is that cute little two-step that he does on stage but he had enough rhythm to dance with me without stepping on my toes. Occasionally he would let go of my hand to take the blunt from his lips and hand it to me.

"this is like the most romantic hood thing I've ever done," I said to him.

"what can I say," he replied smugly. "I'm a romantic hood nigga that'll slow dance to Ed Sheeran while we smoke together. The best of both worlds."

"the best of both worlds...yeah, you could say that," I replied with a laugh.