Teacher's Pet

Inspo: Teacher's Pet By B5

I didn't know they still did this breakfast with dad shit in middle school. Either way I don't know, shit, I don't have no kids, but my sister asked me to come so I came. I walked into the school and I could think about was how small everything was. I stepped into the building and I felt like I was standing in a dollhouse. The water fountain was below my waist and I could lift my hand up and touch the wall above the lockers without having a stretch.

There were signs in the hallway welcoming all the fathers that were coming to the school to support their kids. My sister grabbed me by the hand and started pulling me down the hallway. "come on imma show you my classroom."

She took me down the hallway, around a corner, and up a flight of steps before we got to where she was leading me. We stopped in front of a bulletin board and showed me pictures that they took from the science fair. She was so excited to have me here.

"and look last month for earth day each class planted a tree in front of the school." she said going over to another bulletin board.

"that what them ugly little bushes was in front of the building?" I asked her.

She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. "shut up, they not gonna grow over night."

"all I'm saying is, they could have about a bigger tree for yall to plant." I laughed and she hit me in the arm.

"you know, you aren't supposed to be in the hallway before the first bell rings," I turned around and there was a girl standing there.

"Hey, Ms. T." heaven chirped.

"sorry, she just wanted to tell me about the bushes." I said to her.

"they aren't bushes they're trees." heaven said to me.

"they are small right now, but trees don't grow overnight." she said.

"so, you are where she got that from," I said. Heaven stepped over and wrapped an arm around Ms. T and she threw an arm over her shoulders.

"Little heaven is one of my best students. Are you her dad?" she asked me.

"I don't look that old do I Mrs. T?" I asked her.

"not Mrs. Do I look old enough to be married?" she asked with a smile.

"you don't look old enough to be a teacher, are you sure that you work here?" I asked her. She smiled.

"I'm here every day of the week." she replied.

"So, what's the T short for?" I asked her.

She held her hand out to me. "Tiara Thompson."

"Double T huh," she grabbed her hand and shook it. Damn her hands soft as hell.

"Triple." she replied. "My mama named me Tiara Terrell Thompson"

"Terrell?"

"My daddy's name. She wanted to make sure everybody knew who my daddy was." she said with a laugh.

"well it's nice to meet you Ms. Tiara Terrell Thompson," I said. "I'll see you around sometime."

"you plan on coming back up here sometime soon?" she asked.

"as long as yall giving away them dry chicken patties with them burnt biscuits I'll be here." I replied.

She laughed. "you're funny. I see the sense of humor runs in the family."

Two weeks later heaven came home and threw I piece of paper in front of my fact about a fund raiser that they throwing at the school. All she doing is trying to get money out of me to run down to the school and spend it on those bullshit games and penny prizes.