Dance For You

Inspo: Dance for You By Beyonce

When I first got into this business I didn't think that it would be anything like this. I posted my videos on youtube and got contacted by coach k and Pee for a meeting. At first, I didn't understand how I would fit in with the artists that they had on their roster but I went in for the meeting anyway. I thought that there would be a big change that I would have to go through but there wasn't. They just told me to be myself.

"You sure that this is the direction you want you EP to go in?" My manager Jayme asked me.

I shrugged. "yeah why not?" I asked as I sat down in the chair that was positioned in the middle of the dance studio. I looked at myself in the mirrors that lined the wall in front of me and wiped the sweat from my forehead with a towel. I had been practicing this chair routine for weeks and something still wasn't right.

"because you're putting out an EP titled sex appeal and you don't exactly....well you don't have any real sex appeal," she said.

I made a face. "excuse me, I'm plenty sexy." I replied.

"see what I mean?" She replied.

"no, I don't," I said. jayme wasn't just my manager. She was a longtime friend and I always trust her and her opinion.

"you almost got the whole package." She said. "you're beautiful, and you got the voice of an angel, but you don't really have the best rhythm. So when you're doing these dance moves it doesn't really look sexy because you look hella uncomfortable."

"I'm trying my best alright," I said to him.

She shrugged. "maybe you just gotta keep working at it, or maybe if you get some di-"

"don't say it!"

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger." She said throwing her hands up. "you're the one who thinks that it's a good idea for a stone cold virgin to release the CD about sex when you don't know anything about sex. Maybe if you did it-"

"it's a lifestyle choice," I said to her.

"well, all I'm saying is that if you gonna talk about it, then be about it." She grabbed her purse from the floor and started toward the door." I gotta go pick my baby up from school I'll be back in an hour."

"Alright," I replied.

I started up the music again and started trying to do the moves. The dance was simple, and when I performed it on stage I was supposed to pull someone from the crowd and perform it as a lap dance with someone in the chair, but if I cant get this dance down that's never gonna fucking happen.

I was right in the middle of the routine when the door swung open and I could hear someone walking in. I didn't register in my mind that it was no way for Jayme to have returned that quickly and that the person standing there could possibly be someone else.

There was a part of the dance where I was supposed to straddle the chair and do a half an eight counts of body rolls before turning around to face the direction where the crowd would be. I turned and realized that takeoff was standing there looking at me like I was crazy.

"What?" I asked. He just burst into laughter like he was at a fucking comedy show or something. "What the hell you laughing at?"

"is that supposed to be sexy or something?" He asked still laughing.

"don't laugh at me." I shot to him. "you not supposed to be in here."

"I was looking for the chip machine." He said. I rolled my eyes. I don't know whose idea it was to put a snack machine in a dance stupid but I don't own this place so it's not my choice. It's a dumb thing to do but what's even dumber is that is in the studio next door and takeoff just barged into the wrong room looking for a bag of chips.