Take Her

Take Her - Migos

The lights were low around us but even through the darkness, I could see him staring back at me. I sipped on my drink as I sat in my section with my friends. We were clear across the room from the stage where they were supposed to be performing but it seemed like for some reason Takeoff was going on of his war to make eye contact with me. They were in the middle of a song and my friend Gina grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up from where I was sitting.

We'd paid for the section so that we wouldn't have to fight through the crowd to see them perform. We were supposed to be sitting in the section sipping drinks and looking cute but now she decided that she wants to fight through the crowd of sweaty lace front wearing bitches to get to the front of the stage.

It wasn't that hard because she was just shoving her way through everybody and got us a spot right in front of the stage. I thought his stare was intense from the other side of the room but now that we were standing right in front of him. He bounced over to where we were standing and crouched down in front of me. The girls behind us started shoving forward trying to reach for him but he kept his eyes on me.

He stayed there for the rest of his verse before he stood up and walked away from the side of the stage where we were standing. We didn't stay for long after that because once the show was over there was no reason to stay.

"Let's go get something to eat." faith said.

"I,I need. We need waffles." I turned around and looked at Jasmine who was stretched out across faith's lap in the backseat. I looked over to the passenger's seat where gina sat and she just shrugged. "I don't care what we eat."

"you think it's a good idea to give her all that food," I asked. "remember what happened the last time."

Yeah, I remember cause I was the one who had to pay almost 100 dollars to get my car detailed after that drunk bitch threw up in my back seat. She ended up paying me my money back but still, she always gets too drunk when we go out and even when we try to watch her she always ends up shitfaced.

When we got to the waffle house it was crowded and it wasn't long before he found out why. Parked out front was a large black van that looked kind of like a party bus and standing outside where the Migos and their entire entourage.

"Is that quavo!?" Jasmine said as she peered through the front windshield to get a better look. She was like a drunk bloodhound.

"somebody catch her," I barely had time to park my truck before she jumped out and made a beeline for them, or at least that's what she was trying to do but the combination of alcohol and the heels she was wearing was keeping her from being able to keep her balance.

Faith managed to grab her and guide her inside without her making a scene in front of them. We all went inside and sat down at one of the tables and ordered our food. It looked like they were leaving when we pulled up but for some reason, they didn't. They stood out there talking amongst themselves and occasionally I would look up and catch a familiar glare from none other than takeoff.

"You gonna go say something to him or yall just gonna stare at each other all night?" Faith asked. I looked up from my hashbrown and over the table at her.

"yeah right," I said rolling my eyes.

"come on, live a little." She said.

"you should do it," Jasmine said through a mouthful of food.

"do what?" I asked her.

"him," she replied.

"so let me get this straight-"

"yes, we're encouraging you to go get some dick from a guy you don't know." Jasmine said loudly. "you better get up and go before I do."

I stood up from the booth and started toward the door. He was looking at me the entire time and halfway through the door I chickened out. Instead of walking over to him I walked straight past them and went over to my truck. I opened the passenger's side door and started going through the middle compartment as if I was looking for something.

"So you just going to keep pretending like you gone notice me?" Asked a familiar voice from behind me. His voice was soft and smooth and even more attractive when it wasn't blaring through a loudspeaker directly into my ears. I turned around and found him standing behind me with his hands in his pockets.

"was I supposed to?" I asked. Wow, that was probably the dumbest thing I could have ever said.

He shrugged. "I don't know. It kind of seemed like you did but then I again I don't know for sure because every time I think you're going to say something to me you don't."

"well, maybe I was waiting for you to approach me?" I said.

He smiled a little. "I'm here now."

"So wassup?" I asked him I sat down in my truck and he moved closer.

"we only in town til tomorrow." He said.

"so what does that mean?" I asked him.

"I'm tryin to spend some time with you." He said.

I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes at him. I knew exactly what he meant by wanting to spend some time with me. He wanted to fuck and then leave tomorrow and not call me again. The sane part of me wanted to refuse but there's a part of me, maybe it's the part that just got out of a five-year-long relationship with a cheater, that's down for it.

"oh really," I asked him."

"I wanna take you back to my room." He said.

"Hey! If you leavin give us the keys so we can get home!" Called a familiar voice from the door of the waffle house. She had sobered up a little after eating her food but she was still really loud a belligerent for no apparent reason.

I grabbed my keys from the dashboard and threw them at her. They hit the ground a short way away from where she was standing. She picked them up then went back inside.

"so I guess that means you riding with us." He said.

"I guess so," I replied with a smile.