Top! Reader X Luffy Neko Thief Pt 1

With this one, it felt like I needed to set up a story for them before they get into any lovey-dovey business. I hope this isn't too boring if you were expecting a lemon right off the back. I want to test different set up of stories rather than meet, fuck, extra.

Sincerely,

OrangeyEmpress

--------------------------------------------(Y/N)'s Pov

The (F/C) ears on my head twitched at the lively sounds of the bustling town below me. It is filled with wealthy prey that kept no track of the money they earned or lost. It seems like this will be the perfect get rich scheme for me.

I dialed in my (E/C) eyes and felt them move into a slit as I saw my target. A fat noble from far away lands boasting about his wealth and how he could bye this whole town and destroy it for fun.

These kinds of people are the ones who truly piss me off so with a quick flick of my tale I descended upon the jerk and swiped a large bag of bellies. With his wide load, he still had not even noticed the small difference in weight.

I gave a Cheshire grin as I ran through the crowds with the large bag. I may not have been the strongest girl in town or the tallest but I was sure fast on my feet. I thought I had gotten a job done without a hitch but only twenty feet away from the douche I hear him yell thief.

The couple men that he had scattered assembled together as he pointed me out in the thinning crowd. Ah, so that was how he noticed he was robbed. The idiot had to actually see me leaving with a big bag of money.

"Get her!", He shouted with a cherry red face as his men came after me.

A sigh of disappointment filled me as these guys gave chase at an extremely slow pace. How were they meant to be protecting that slob if they themselves sucked? I just laughed at them as my feet took me to safety.

Safety was at a small bar owned by a family friend who took charge of taking care of me when my parents died because of pirates when I was young. Konoma is his name and he's been a great father despite him only being only 18 when he began to parent me.

I lost the pair of bodyguards rather fast and made my way to the bar. The bar, Konomia, came into view allowing me to slip behind the building and through the back door. The big bag of money jangled obnoxiously as I tried to sneak in.

"(Y/N) is that you? Did you steal something again?", Konomi asked with a stern face as he entered the kitchen just in time to see me trying to hide the large bag.

"So what if I did? The ass who had it was bragging about buying our town and burning it down. His bruised ego will make up for his words and if not then a couple thousand more belly will go missing."

Konomi grabbed my shoulders making me drop the bag onto the floor causing it to spill. The loud bang of the coins made me flinch as my ears flattened on my head. My tail flickered behind me now fluffed up. I was scared of him when he got serious.

"I'm sorry kiddo. It's just when your parents put me in charge of you they told me to make sure you stayed on the right path. Stealing from the rich because they are assholes is not the right path.", He tried to reason with me.

I stepped out of his grasp appalled that he would scold me for this. Can't he see that I was doing these people a favor by stealing from those rich punks? Without me, someone would have bought this place and made everyone into slaves. 

"You're not my dad! Why should you care what a couple of dead people told you? They were killed because of their stupidity and love of the ocean. I'm trying to make a living by making sure the rich don't bully our town's people! So butt the fuck out of my life!"