Top! Reader X Natsu Dragneel Mating Season

Hey, guys, I'm glad to be back. I have three awesome chapters for you guys. Sadly it will be kind of slow up until probably December when I can finally try and find peace after my uncle and friend's funeral. I missed you guys a lot but I want to thank everyone who left me kind messages of encouragement. I could not ask for a better community. Thanks again my Little Oranges.

Sincerely, 

OrangeyEmpress

-------------------------------- (Y/N)'s Pov

I felt the warm air of spring blow through my hair as I fidgeted in my spot at the guild. It was the beginning of spring and that meant trouble for me as a Dragon Slayer mage going through her first heat surrounded by other dragon slayers. Woman especially had it worse.

We became like a wild beast as we searched for a mate. Once our mate is found we quickly mark them before trying to bed them for the rest of the month in hope of getting pregnant. Well, not the first time around but every other is absolutely awful.

This is a male dragon slayer main goal during mating season and I hated it because it made me feel like I was using them for my animal instinct to mate and spawn future offspring. It seemed bad. What happened to the males after if they regretted it?

Last year I was not apart of the guild so it was easy to lock myself away as there was no temptation around but now that I had two dragon slayers and a second generation dragon slayer around me and it was painful.

"(Y/N) are you OK? You seem like something is troubling you.", I heard Lucy ask as she came over to me at the bar.

I gave her a grimace before looking down at my hand and replying, "Yea sorry Lucy. It's just that since it's spring that means the mating season is about to start."

This turned Lucy into a tomato as she realized what I had just said but she noticed the upset look on my face and soon calmed her embarrassment so she could console me. Though it seemed like she was confused about why I was upset.

"Uh What's so wrong about that. Won't you get to find your mate during this time? Oh, I wonder who it is? Could it be another Dragon Slayer or someone else? What if it's someone in our guild?", She squealed.

Lucy's rant only had me feeling me feeling more depressed as I glanced at the men in the guild who walked around without a care in the world. They were preparing to lock themselves in a cave so they don't jump someone.

"This is my second mating season and honestly I'm scared to find a mate. I've heard stories of how female dragons act during mating season. They get real protective and over sexual. I don't want to lose myself and scare away my mate if I find him or her.", I told Lucy in a sincere tone.

"That's why I've decided I'm going to lock myself away whenever mating season comes along. I'd rather be lonely than hurt my possible mate.", I ended my rant in a murmur before a scent hit my nose.

I froze in place at the pleasant smell that surrounded the guild. It was pheromones from a male that was a possible mate. My eyes dilated like a dragon which scared Lucy but I ignored her as I searched for the owner of the smell.

"Mate.", Was all I said as I caught sight of my salmon haired companion Natsu.

A deep-throated growl of dominance emitted from my throat as I noticed him bickering with Gray. How dare that ice make bastard start a fight with my mate? I stood from my seat at the bar and ignored Lucy's shouts or protest as I stormed over to the bickering duo.

The guild seemed to freeze when they noticed the look on my face. All of them watched except the two who continued to bicker and literally butt heads. When I was within feet of them is when they noticed my presence.