Male! Reader X Max Making Up Pt1

This is for SillyLittleKitten. Sorry, this is so late but I was literally stuck in San Jose after a malfunction happened with the plane. Now I'm back and ready to write some stories. I hope you enjoy the story xXDeathCakeXx and I hope it was close to what you were hoping for. Love you all Little Oranges.

Sincerely,

OrangeyEmpress

------------------------------- Nikki's Pov

Ever since Neil and I got to this camp we could see how close Max and (M/N) are. They were almost never apart and even with Max being so angry all the time (M/N) would use his happy nature to calm him down. 

It was honestly adorable no matter how gross I thought cutesy stuff was. Though something must have happened between them because Max seems a lot angrier lately and he hasn't been hanging around (M/N). Anytime I saw (M/N), I saw how sad he looked. 

Not even David's horrible jokes could cheer him up which never happened. We had to do something to save the Camps ship. Whatever that meant. Gwen told us that but I don't see how Max and (M/N) are a ship. Oh well.

I then noticed (M/N) coming out of the dining hall looking all sad. I grabbed Neil's arm and dragged him over to our pal to see if he will tell us what happened. When he saw us he tried to put on a happy face but it looked bad.

"What's up with you and Max?", Neil question while placing his hands on (M/N)'s shoulders.

"Max hates me. I just wanted to make him happy.", (M/N) whispered softly in a teary voice before breaking away to go to the lake.

...

...

...

...

"Well, that was useless.", I bluntly said after a long pause.

"Max!", Neil yelled out as he noticed our grumpy friend.

"What", Max growled and hid in his hoodie.

"What--"

"What's up with you and (M/N)! Did you two have a lovers quarrel? Whatever that is.", I interrupted Neil so I could talk.

"That dumbass crossed the line and I won't forgive him!", Max yelled and stormed away from us.

Neil and I looked at each other with worry that they may never make up. How could we fix this if neither would tell us what happened? I ruffled my hair but an idea suddenly popped in my mind from a show I once watched when my mom was upstairs wrestling with some random dude.

I grabbed Neil's face and brought it up to me as I spoke, "What if we build a time machine to go forward in time to find out why they were fighting. They had to have made up at some point and adult them could tell us how to do it."

Neil pushed me away with a shocked look but the thought about it, "That's the smartest thing I've heard you say and you may be on to something but time travel hasn't been invented yet."

"Yet is the key my good Neil. You could do it with all your science stuff.", I encouraged him but I mainly just wanted to go to the future and see what I looked like.

"Yeah! You're right Nikki. Let's go!", He yelled dragging me over to the science camp area and under an old looking pile of scrap metal that was rusting.

I was in awe at all the cool stuff around me. I didn't know what any of it did but I wanted to touch it none the less. Unfortunately, Neil wouldn't let me get near it and said I would break it. This made become bored until we got to this big machine that looked shiny compared to everything else.