Top! Reader x David Caught Pt1

Hey, guys here's another chapter upon the idea recommendation of pug606. I've been wanting to do a Camp Camp chapter since I started getting into it and what was even better is that I was suggested an idea that I've wanted to do but forgot about it until now. Also, they wanted it so Max would be adopted at the end and I felt that a relationship had to form first so this will be a two-part chapter so it doesn't feel rushed. I hope you enjoy this my LIttle Oranges.

Sincerely, 

OrangeyEmpress.

------------------------------------- (Y/N)'s Pov

I stood in front of my used to be apartment as my now ex-landlady threw what few belongings I had at me. This short and grumpy old bat got mad at me because of my payments was late but that was only because she was on vacation and I had no way of contacting her.

Nooo, I should have been the one to hunt her down and pay her. Sucks for her I gave her a shitty yelp review and told all my friends that she runs a drug ring so good luck to her and how she's gonna fill up her shithole.

I was only 19 and had gotten out of my parent's house at 17 to live with a friend until I was 18 and moved here before getting kicked out. Being in the grown-up world was stressful and that made me eat a little more unhealthy due to me having to find ways to save money.

This, in turn, caused a little weight gain but nothing that would inhibit how I moved.

As soon as she threw out the last piece of my clothing, I flipped her the bird and loaded up my car before heading out for my job interview. I was supposed to get ready at home and then head out but no I had to look like a mess from the job I was just fired from.

Everything is going to shit and if I don't get this stupid counselor job then I'm screwed. Sure they don't pay much but you sleep at the camp and I can use that as an advantage while I'm saving money for a new place.  

A couple hours later I made it to the camp and almost left as soon as I arrived. Kids were running around like little tyrants, things were set on fire, and two employees were tied to the flagpole. I stared at my passenger seat to see some of my possessions and sucked it up.

Getting out of my car, I made sure to lock both the emergency break along with the car locks so no little kid would try and take my car. I cautiously avoided as many kids as I could and I was thankful that they were distracted by their little camp take over.

"Um... I'm at the right camp, right? This is Camp Campbell?", I emphasized hoping I was somehow wrong.

"Yes indeed! This is the amazing Camp Campbell. Are you here to enroll a camper?", The hyper red-haired man said while wiggling in his restraints.

"Um, no. I saw in ad in the paper that you guys were looking for another counselor. If you're busy I can come back later or not. Not is definitely good.", I rambled hoping I could leave.

"No! Please stay. We need all the help we can get! Can you untie us as well?", The woman yelled right after the crap television she was watching was destroyed.

Feeling that I had no other option for a job, I released the two counselors and they went about trying to control the kids. It was honestly quite sad so I squared my stance, placed my pinkies in-between my lips, and let out a high pitch whistle that made everyone freeze.

"OK! You kids are gonna settle down for a quiet activity or else!", I threatened and most of the kids seemed to give in.

One of the ones that seemed unphased was a young dark-skinned kid in a blue hoodie who stomped up to me with a glare on his face. He held a plastic knife in his hand and pointed it at my stomach.