Freedom at Last

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four long months without daylight! I don't get sunlight anyways in Gotham, but still. My skin is as pale, if not paler, than the snow underneath my feet. 

Ever since I was injected with that (possibly lethal) chemical, I have felt bloodthirsty. And this is coming from someone who has had experience with that feeling.

Hopefully Quinny (a/n: Harley Quinn) won't be too mad at me for hospitalizing her puddin'. I'm not sure how long it's going to take the Joker to heal from several broken ribs, severe bruising, and a concussion. I may have lost my temper a little.

I stumble as I travel over the slick snow. I am currently wearing one of Harley's costumes because I thought walking throughout Gotham with ripped pants, barefoot, and topless would probably attract trouble. 

Well...that last one isn't exactly true. My chest and upper torso were wrapped in bandages that used to be white.

I had been able to find my sword and knife, but my utility belt was no where to be found.

My head frantically turns towards a loud snapping sound. Oh dear. I barely had enough time to dodge the gigantic scorpion tail.

As I stood up, I pulled out my sword. The manta-core snarled, leaping for me. Not today b****!

Swiftly I sidestep, slashing my sword down on it at a 45 degree angle.

"Look, I've had a terrible few months. I don't have time for this bullshit. Walk away now and you might just survive." I sigh as I dodge his huge paws. 

"My lunch isn't bullshit." I let out a 'ooof' as his bat wing knocked me to the ground. I held the hilt of my sword by both hands above my chest, impaling the manta-core in the heart. Well... that was a huge waste of time.

My eyes shift to my left arm, which now was baring a heavily bleeding gash. I frown slightly. I didn't feel that at all.

--------------------------------------------------------time skip------------------------------------------------------------

*Knock, knock, knock.*

I wince slightly as Jane opens up the door. "May I slytherin? "

"Yeah, if you want to sleep on the couch."