Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Quinn awkwardly adjusted the top of her dress as she looked into her rearview mirror. She couldn't believe she had let Kurt talk her into wearing it, feeling completely out of her comfort zone in the strapless blue summer dress. It wasn't that it was too short or something, but with her soft blonde hair pulled up in a bun Quinn was showing off more shoulder and back than she liked. She searched around the backseat of her car quickly, hoping for a light sweater or something but finding nothing. Kurt had insisted Puck would go nuts over her bare skin, saying, "Its all about the clavicles." Quinn still didn't understand what the hell he had been babbling about, but she figured he wouldn't make a fool out of her so she opened her door and got out.

Quinn made her way towards the park, smiling as she passed kids running around and giggling. She was trying to figure out which little girl was hers when she felt something collide with her legs, almost toppling over as she looked down to see what had crashed into her.

"Mommy!"

"Bethany!" She bent down as her daughter unwrapped her arms from her legs, picking the little girl up while she laughed excitedly.

"You look very pretty today mama!" she exclaimed as she played with Quinn's necklace, "I like your dress, its very Cinderella-y."

"Well thank you sweetheart, I like your dress too." The small girl smiled as she hugged her mother tightly, filling her in on all the things she had done that weekend.

"...and then we played go fish, and I won obviously, and then we played Mario brothers, and then we ate chicken nuggets, and then we watched The Little Mermaid..." Quinn could only laugh as her daughter rambled on, having missed her terribly over the weekend.

"Well it sounds like you had a blast," Quinn said as she put her in the swing, pulling her back gently as Beth wiggled out of her flip flops.

"I did! Did you have fun mama? Did you miss me?"

"I missed you this much," Quinn said as she stretched her arms out wide, Beth's eyes bulging at how far they went.

"That's a whole lot mama! But don't worry, I missed you that much too." She began pushing her little girl lightly as she continued to talk about her weekend, Quinn scanning the park every once in awhile to see if she could spot Puck. She had gotten so caught up in one of Beth's stories that Quinn didn't see the tall figure approach from behind her, nearly jumping out of her skin when two hands wrapped around her waist.

"Jesus Christ!" she screamed, turning around quickly to see Puck laughing, "You scared the crap outta me!" She began playfully smacking his chest as he tried to fight her off, grabbing her hands in defense and pulling her close.

"Ok, ok! I'm sorry!" he chuckled against her forehead as he pulled her into a hug, Quinn more than willing to forgive him as he wrapped his arms around her, "I just had to, couldn't resist." Quinn closed her eyes as she rested against his chest, Puck's warm hands on her bare back making her shiver.

"I guess I can forgive you," she mumbled into his t-shirt, "but you're totally buying me ice cream later."

"Deal," he laughed as he pulled away, Quinn reluctantly letting go as Beth walked towards them.

"Daddy why'd you make mama scream?" She saw Puck raise an eyebrow and smirk as a look of cockiness spread across his face, Quinn knowing exactly where his mind had wondered to as she smacked him once more.

"Because daddy's-"

"-silly," Quinn finished, shaking her head side to side as he shrugged.

"If that's what you wanna call it," he winked. Quinn rolled her eyes as Beth grabbed the hem of her dress, tugging on it lightly while pointing to it.