Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Puck stared at Finn for what seemed an eternity, everything around him falling eerily quiet as the beat of his thudding heart in his temple became the only sound he could hear. There was no way, no freakin' way that Robyn had done that. I mean the girl was a little off but this? This was god damn insane. How the hell could she have even pulled that off? With no one knowing or anything? Finn continued to call on him as Mercedes and Kurt began squealing in anger, all of this muted to Puck as he tried to make sense of the situation.

"There's no-there's no way," Puck finally said as he broke from his trance, "I mean how-how did she-no, there's no way." He pushed past Finn and stormed inside the church, running through the foyer and pushing open the huge oak doors. He looked inside and his face filled with horror, every pew filled with people in jeans and work clothes, all chattering away and looking around for answers.

"I can't even-how the-"

"She called us all about an important wedding thing or whatever," Finn said breathlessly, "And then when people started showing up they were ushered into the church and told that the wedding was a surprise."

"Well obviously!" Puck screamed, "The goddamn groom didn't even know!" The back few pews all turned and stared at Puck, furrowing their brows at his language. He quickly smiled and waved, pushing Finn out and closing the doors behind them.

"What did she say when she called? I mean specifically!" Puck asked flustered, moving around erratically as he paced.

"Well my message was about meeting here and wearing my tux and all for final fittings, but Rachel being a guest got one that said to meet here for a special surprise wedding announcement."

"Surprise," Kurt and Mercedes groaned sarcastically in unison.

"Yeah, so as you saw everyone in there is either in work clothes or blue jeans because no one had any idea!"

"Well this just keeps getting classier and classier," Kurt moaned while rolling his eyes.

"Yeah and as if this isn't bad enough, no one can find Robyn," Finn shared as Puck's face contorted even more, "She's apparently hold up somewhere in the church and hiding so the groom won't see her before the wedding cause its, "bad luck."

"Bitch ain't nothing but," Mercedes chimed in.

"Well we're gonna find her," Puck snarled as he threw off his jacket, "'Cause I'm sick of this bullshit. I'm sick of getting pushed around and ignored. My sixteen year old self would kick my ass if he saw this shit, so enough is enough." He pointed his finger at the group and began giving orders, the three of them afraid as he growled at them.

"Mercedes, go to the girl's bathroom, changing room, anywhere we can't and you look for her there. Kurt, you take the kitchen and rehearsal hall, Finn you cover the church and foyer in case she comes through and I'll look in the other rooms and halls. Got it?"

"I'm with you bro."

"Yes sir."

"Anything for you Mr. Puckerman." Puck nodded and they filed out, each scouring through the church as the clock ticked by.

"Mama, another flower fell off!"

Beth whined from the back seat as she rustled in her flower girl dress, scratching through the rough material and shifting around uncomfortably. Quinn was on her way to the church for rehearsal, gripping the steering wheel nervously as she drove. Robyn had called just as Puck had said she would to inform Quinn of the change. She could hear the smugness in the other woman's voice as she bragged happily about things being bumped up, trying to get a rise out of Quinn the whole coversation. Instead she had played it cool, still smirking a little at how it had ended.